Best concert you've ever attended...

My first two concerts were The Move (one of my favourite bands at the time) in August 1970 in Bournemouth while on holiday with my parents and then Fairport Convention at The Free Trade Hall in November 1970 as I was told that they would be a good place to start to listen to live music to get a feel for it

I then saw most of the bands that were around at the time like Family, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, The Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin, Yes, The Faces, Free, Status Quo, Uriah Heep and The Who etc.........

Being 17/18 at the time the effect that these concerts had on me was immense. The raw power of the performances was incredible and just bowled me over

I still go to concerts today and have recently seen Muse, Coldplay and Elbow

The best concert - easy, any concert by The Who in the Tommy and Quadrophenia days when they were simply awesome. Townsend in his white boiler suit with his red Gibson SG and Daltrey with his tasselled suede jacket, Moon the best drummer ever demolishing his kit in the background (could Moon ever be in the background!) and The Ox (Entwistle) with his thudding lead bass lines. It never got any better and never will than those heady days of the early 70's with The Who

You had to be there!

Pixies- G-Mex 80's
Jam= De Montford Hall
Kings of Leon- 1st time at Apollo
Waterboys- Glastonbury
Ten Benson - Academy 3
Yellowman- Brighton festival 90's
Bunnymen- Reading- 00's
Springsteen- Sheffield
Cities in the Park
Primal Scream in a tent and the Apollo in 99ish
Orbital- Glastonbury 2000ish
Verve then Pulp- Leeds
Bjorn Again- Somewhere in another tent...................

stimo said:
oasis at heaton park meant finally seeing my favourite all time band.
but arctic monkeys at glastonbury 2013 was probably the best - arctics being the band of my generation (was 15 when their first record came out)
other mentions to elbow at manchester cathedral and again arctic monkeys at LCCC - the line up that day was incredible

Wasn't at that Monkeys gig but it has to be the best i've seen on the telly. Raw power and delicate beauty all in one show.

MCFCTrick said:
So many....

Queen in their finest Rock days...Free Trade Hall '75.

Lynyrd Skynyrd...Free Trade Hall '76

Thin Lizzy.....Belle Vue '77

Blue Oyster Cult/Japan.....Free Trade Hall '78

The Church.....The Gallery '82

REM......The Gallery '84

Prince.....Lovesexy Tour '88

Cheap Trick......Vegas '97 and Dublin '04

Update: Prince, Academy 2014 ...... THE best gig of my life ....

went to a great gig the other night ... Flaming Lips, not sure if i'd say best ever but was a brilliant gig. Dont think i'll ever top seeing Raymond Daniel Manzarek and Robbie Kreiger, wasnt a huge spectacle just 2 awesome musicians

It's controversial but Andrew WK (Party Hard) at Academy 3 was incredible. It was rammed and everyone there for a great time. I've never felt an atmosphere like it.

Factory Christmas Party or something like that many years ago. Happy Mondays, A Certain Ratio and New Order. I mainly went for New Order but thought ACR stole the show, been a fan ever since.

TGR said:
Queen.
Knebworth in the mid '80's.
The main support band was Staus Quo who brought the house down.
Queen sneaked on stage and literally took over from where they left off.
They never sang 'Radio Gaga' and to this day I still wonder why they didn't.
Strange how things stick in your mind - eh?

Radio Gaga or not, it was the last ever show with Freddie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.