Best concert you've ever attended...

peoffrey said:
It's controversial but Andrew WK (Party Hard) at Academy 3 was incredible. It was rammed and everyone there for a great time. I've never felt an atmosphere like it.

Fuck me, forgot about this! How could I?!
Was absolutely amazing, never seen a crowd like it

Reading festival 1975

Headlining bands Friday night was the amazing Hawkwind

Headlining Sat night was the very reason I traveled down.
Yes and Jon Anderson lead vocalist from Accrington.

And last but not least highlighting on the Sunday was Wishbone Ash

Packed the bin-liner and tent I got from the mothers Kay's catalogue on 40 week terms and went south.
Only a 15 year old kid and didn't have pots of cash to hand .
So thankful to be Fed and watered by the krishna crew with the biggest pan of hippie lentils you ever did see.
All you had to do in return was bang a drum and chant the same song loads of times over.

Remember on the Saturday getting piss wet through as the heavens opened.
Only had a pair of pumps and brown loafers with me and I lost a brown loafer in the mud.
Nothing mattered as the progressive rock ensembles that is Yes arrived on stage to massive acclaim.
One of the defining moments of my life

Sunday was Joan Armatrading Caravan and the one and only Wishbone Ash

So much quality and all in one field !

Last edited:
The pogues about 25 years a go at the Apollo on spider Murphy's birthday, not my favourite band but a great night, lots of drinking and violence, a great combination, king kurt at the integration 1, the godfathers at the same, the man from delmote every time I've seen them, killing joke fucked if I can remember where I was at, toss the feathers at some Irish clubs. I could go on.

The Jam & Vapors: Manchester Apollo, 1980(?)
The Pretenders & The Alarm: Chicago (Aragon Ballroom), 1985(?)
U2 & Garbage: Chicago (United Center), 2010(?) that was the second time I saw U2 on that tour...ticket was bought to see Shirley Manson & Garbage!!

U2: Aragon Ballroom, 1983(?) blagged into backstage party after RIDICULOUS concert on their second (albeit first semi-famous) concert tour of US. Still have the Irish flag that was thrown up on stage and draped on the organ for Edge's playing of October (that I managed to get signed by the band) and drumsticks, also from the stage!

My daughter has the concert bug now and spends a fortune going to multi-day EDM events!

peoffrey said:
It's controversial but Andrew WK (Party Hard) at Academy 3 was incredible. It was rammed and everyone there for a great time. I've never felt an atmosphere like it.

Not controversial at all mate - its your 'best' concert so say what you want :-)

Another one I really liked was at Glastonbury - a young Irish girl Gemma Hayes- came out onto one of the smaller stages and was so humble and grateful to everyone that turned up - compared to that mard fat git Van Morrison it was breath of fresh air to see someone like that.

CTID1988 said:
peoffrey said:

Fuck me, forgot about this! How could I?!
Was absolutely amazing, never seen a crowd like it

Were you there? Half of us got up on the stage at one point. A WK was clearly overwhelmed by our reaction throughout. He did a tribute to 9/11 and said we should party in their honour, didn't he?!

Dogtanian said:
James at G-Mex with support from Radiohead, amazing night.
I've only seen James once, they supported the smiths at the palace back in the day, he was a mad fucker back then. Anyone one go to a small gig at the royal northern to support signal radio? Martin Stevenson and Jonny dangouresly played.
Ps got Martin pissed as a bastard in the crown one night before a gig in Gmex, he ended up about 1/2 an hour late, I'm a very bad man:)

stonerblue said:
stimo said:
oasis at heaton park meant finally seeing my favourite all time band.
but arctic monkeys at glastonbury 2013 was probably the best - arctics being the band of my generation (was 15 when their first record came out)
other mentions to elbow at manchester cathedral and again arctic monkeys at LCCC - the line up that day was incredible

Wasn't at that Monkeys gig but it has to be the best i've seen on the telly. Raw power and delicate beauty all in one show.
as the lads that saw oasis at maine road in their teens/early 20s will testify, theres nothing like seeing the band you grew up with and connect with absolutely smash it on the big stage - proud of the boys. they blew the rolling stones away and im a huge stones fan! (assuming you're talking about the glastonbury gig)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.