Best game you ever attended

moon said:
Blue Tooth said:
Blackburn away the year they won the title. We were still in a place where we might get relegated and we went to the champions elect and played them off the park with a truly swashbuckling display and won 3-2 but it could have been 7...

I remember a shell shocked Dalglish being interviewed at the end saying "How are they down at the bottom of the division?"
Great Easter weekend beat Liverpool on Good Friday then Rovers Easter Monday. The Easter double bill seems to have gone now

Did the exact same the year before with Villa 3-0 then away at Soton 1-0 then 2-1 against a dangerous Newcastle the Saturday after. We look dead an buried but 3 in a row from nowhere changed everything. David Brightwell scoring his most important goal too looked promising.

Blue Tooth said:
Blackburn away the year they won the title. We were still in a place where we might get relegated and we went to the champions elect and played them off the park with a truly swashbuckling display and won 3-2 but it could have been 7...

I remember a shell shocked Dalglish being interviewed at the end saying "How are they down at the bottom of the division?"

And then we were dogshite against Forest the next Saturday, IIRC.<br /><br />-- 09 Jul 2013, 22:49 --<br /><br />
Corky said:
moon said:
Blue Tooth said:

Great Easter weekend beat Liverpool on Good Friday then Rovers Easter Monday. The Easter double bill seems to have gone now

Did the exact same the year before with Villa 3-0 then away at Soton 1-0 then 2-1 against a dangerous Newcastle the Saturday after. We look dead an buried but 3 in a row from nowhere changed everything. David Brightwell scoring his most important goal too looked promising.

I think that was Brightwell junior's only goal for us.

A couple that I don't think have been mentioned yet, City v Forest in 79/80 with Kazu Deyna scoring the goal. I think Forest were European Champs at the time (when it was a proper Champs cup). Another was the 2-1 win at the Munich jubilee game - first time I'd seen us win there (excluding Arthur Albistons testimonial). Couple of games already mentioned that whilst not my best were certainly memorable, that was Stoke at home when 0-1 down at H/T. Not sure what they put in the beer at H/T but there just seemed to be a collective decsion by the crowd that we were not going to lose. We won 2-1 and haven't looked back. There were so many during the Keegan time, Ipswich away 4-1 in the FAC & scaring the life out of Newcastle a round later. Sheff Wed was sublime. Also Burnley (the league leaders) visiting on Boxing Day and being 4-0 down after about 20 minutes. The 2-2 game at Goodison in the FAC QF was superb as was the 3-1 win at Anfield when Grobalaar must have assisted with all 3 goals (couldn't really enjoy it until we were back in the coach though)

newcastle 3 city 4 , championship decider in 1968 , that was the first time we made yooonited look like idiots on the last day of the season , but the QPR game last year is a close second.

city versus spurs circa 1994 (5-2). John motson described it as the best game of football he had ever seen. I have to agree.

I am not very old but the best game ive witnessed was either the game in the europa league against Hamburg at home (in 2008 i think) or Aguero's debut against swansea, but the home derby the year we won the league or the FA Cup semi against united beats both of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.