Best Live Bands ?

Was lucky enough to see The Smiths a couple of times, they were just incredible gigs. I doubt I'll ever go to a gig that gets near them. Morrissey's solo shows are second rate in comparison, imo, although I still can't resist going. James are right up there and have remained absolutely brilliant over the 20 odd years I've been going to see them.

Springsteen (especially back in 80s but still brilliant now)
Rod (again earlier days were amazing)
Stiff Little Fingers (early ones)
The Jam (before Weller started refusing to play Tube Station)
Green Day
Muse
Foo Fighters
Killers
My Chemical Romance
Subways
Courteeners (in small venue were amazing)<br /><br />-- Sat May 29, 2010 10:49 pm --<br /><br />
without a dream said:
MUSE! Unbelievably good. RATM were also really good...........

I'm probably going to get some stick for this one but Lethal Bizzle puts on an awesome show.
Saw Lethal Bizzle support The Enemy. Didn't seem to fit as support for them but someone obviously thought it was a good idea. Remember most of the audience booing him for "**** the Police" lines. Don't know his songs well but guessing he was misunderstood.

robsta said:
Green Day
Muse
Foo Fighters
Killers
My Chemical Romance
Subways
Courteeners (in small venue were amazing)

-- Sat May 29, 2010 10:49 pm --

Why does he do that?

buzzer1 said:
robsta said:
Green Day
Muse
Foo Fighters
Killers
My Chemical Romance
Subways
Courteeners (in small venue were amazing)

-- Sat May 29, 2010 10:49 pm --

Why does he do that?

Don't know. I can only guess he didn't want to be stereotyped by it or he thought Jam fans liked it for it's links to violence rather than the fact it was just a brilliant song. Or maybe it was when he was moving away from the raw Jam stuff to his more soulful stuff. It was the song every one always wanted and I remember when loads were shouting for it he said "**** off, we're not playing that s**t". At which point I fell out with him and have not spoken to him since !!! :-)

If you notice some of the Jam compliations and videos in the past have missed Tube Station off. It's back on the more recent ones though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.