Best performance by a visiting team

I recall a meeting between City and Sunderland in early 1964. It had a very big crowd (over 31,000) by Second Division standards. Sunderland won 3-0 inspired particularly by Johnny Crossan. This finally ended any lingering (and delusional) hopes City may have had of winning promotion.

A Preston side in the 98/99 season, pure football brilliance with Sean Greagan, John Macken and David Healy

Feyenoord at Maine Road in a pre-season friendly. 0-4 at half time?

I thought they were superb and their passing and movement were a joy to watch.

Yes but they struggled when we went to 12 men and had an additional winger alongside Beagrie.... See if it triggers any memories

Yes, I remember two penalties given against Feyenoord. Your point?

No I was referring to a pitch invader. We were attacking towards the Platt Lane end and this bloke jumps onto the pitch, runs to the touch line and starts screaming for the pass while, incredibly, the game continues.

No I was referring to a pitch invader. We were attacking towards the Platt Lane end and this bloke jumps onto the pitch, runs to the touch line and starts screaming for the pass while, incredibly, the game continues.
Ha ha. I have no memory of that whatsoever. Weird.

Apologies if I came across as a bit funny in my previous post. I thought you meant the linesman, as I do recall at least one of the penalties we got was, well, a bit generous, to say the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.