CB Stones
LB Cole
DM RODRI
CM KDB
CM Lampard
CF Henry
CF Shearer
CF Kane

Rodri will end all discussions about best player in a season or two. He can do it all, after that you will have KDB and Henry.
Shearer???

He dived and fouled his way through a career, plus his goals per minute return is less than Aguero, Haaland, Dzeko, Salah, Henry, Kane, Suarez.

He scored the most because he played a long time injury free (unlike others) he is lauded because he is English but he wouldn't get in any city team of the last decade+ over Sergio, Erling or Edin

Last edited:
Shearer???

He dived and fouled his way through a career, plus his goals per minute return is less than Aguero, Haaland, Dzeko, Salah, Henry, Kane, Suarez.

He scored the most because he played a long time injury free (unlike others) he is lauded because he is English but he wouldn't get in any city team of the last decade+ over Sergio, Erling or Edin
Guess I have soft spot for him turning down the Rags.

Longevity is also measurment of success. Otherwise I would include other players in the discussion like the Urguayan vampire, fake Ronaldo and Stam.

Shearer???

Shearer had two big injuries in his career. Easily the best English centre forward of the last fifty years. Kane not even close.
Aguero the top premier league striker though. Scored at a faster rate than anyone and against the top teams in the biggest matches. Nobody remembers the Henry goal, the Shearer goal or the Kane goal. Everyone knows the Aguero goal.

For me the best two players of the Premiership era are KDB and Henry. Henry had the lot and could scored any type of goals including creating goals out of nothing.

Best players I have probably seen live though in the Prem/ Ist div were Chris Waddle tearing a young Mike Wuigkey apart on a Weds night? Ille Djmitrescu in the 5-2 and Berbatov pretty much every time we faced Spurs at home.

Shearer had two big injuries in his career. Easily the best English centre forward of the last fifty years. Kane not even close.
Aguero the top premier league striker though. Scored at a faster rate than anyone and against the top teams in the biggest matches. Nobody remembers the Henry goal, the Shearer goal or the Kane goal. Everyone knows the Aguero goal.
5 months off in 92/93 and most of 97/98 a total of 14 months off with a serious injury of 18 years i nthe premier leaguue

nothing like the injury record of sergio who as you say goals per games record is better, even nearly twice as superior, Shearer was a great striker but he is nowhere near the top 5 in Prem history when broken down

Last edited:
Shearer???

Didn’t Shearer have a long lay-off, with an ACL injury?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.