Best side of the Premier League era?

Castiel

Team supported
Chelsea
Saw the scoucers doing this and it looked like fun. For me it comes down to 3 teams, United of 99, Arsenals Invincibles and Mourinho's Chelsea. Of those I'm obviously biased towards Mourinho's Chelsea but that Arsenal side was a sight to behold.

Arsenal's Invincibles: Lehmann, Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Cole, Gilberto, Viera, Ljungberg, Pires, Henry, Bergkamp

Mourinho's Chelsea: Cech, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Gallas, Makelele, Lampard, Essien, Robben, Duff, Drogba

United 1999: Schmeichel, Nevilles, Staam, Irwin, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Cole, Yorke

Arsenals Invinicibles shits all over every team. That team was brilliant going forward and solid in the defence.

Chelseas team was top as well workrate that Chelsea team was the hardest working team and Jose took no prisioners in making changes if it wasnt going there way.

The way this City team is going if we win the league and stay consistant you could compare us to all of these teams.

leighton said:
Arsenals Invinicibles shits all over every team. That team was brilliant going forward and solid in the defence.

Chelseas team was top as well workrate that Chelsea team was the hardest working team and Jose took no prisioners in making changes if it wasnt going there way.

The way this City team is going if we win the league and stay consistant you could compare us to all of these teams.
If you hadn't have beaten us back when you were shit, with Anelka scoring what must have been his only penalty of his career, Mourinho would have had an invincible season too! :<

If this City side continues as it is and performs in the cups as well, it would have to be considered amongst them. If Liverpool had any bottle or consistency in 2007 (I think? Xabi Alonso, Masch, Torres on form) and won something they'd be up there too.

Castiel said:
leighton said:

If you hadn't have beaten us back when you were shit, with Anelka scoring what must have been his only penalty of his career, Mourinho would have had an invincible season too! :<

If this City side continues as it is and performs in the cups as well, it would have to be considered amongst them. If Liverpool had any bottle or consistency in 2007 (I think? Xabi Alonso, Masch, Torres on form) and won something they'd be up there too.

Liverpool lack the bottle and its already showing this season as they drop points at home. Lose there next 2 against City and Chelsea then they will be struggling and there will be pressure on King Kenny.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Three great sides but the Arsenal one with Vieira, Bergkamp & Henry in just has to be the best.

Unbeaten in the Premiership all season! What a triumph that was for the Arsenal fans.

Got to be the Arsenal team. Fluid in attack, Henry was on fire and scoring from all angles, two wingers who drifted all over the place, Bergkamp dropping where he liked and two all action box to box so called holding midfielders.

The defence was ok as well.

Looks similar to what Mancini is building if i'm honest. Rock solid defence. Holding mids who get forward on occasion and a fluid 4 man forward line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.