Best side of the Premier League era?

Castiel said:
The Pink Panther said:
We played really well that day and restricted you to only a couple of decent chances. I also remember that Kezman played as you had a few injuries, which helped our cause.
Anelka's penalty was one of the best and most impressive I've witnessed.
The game was held up because after awarding the penalty (correctly) the ref then had to decide whether to yellow or red Carvalho.
Never have or will begrudge you that win, you were better on the day but its just astonishing that of all the teams of the time, we lost to City to ruin an invincible run! If memory serves you also managed to get a draw at the Bridge, so we never beat you that season.

The Pink Panther said:
Which of those three teams is the best?
Chelsea I would rule out. Good as they were, they played a horrible brand of football
I don't think thats fair to say. His second season wasn't pretty to watch but we did tear some teams to pieces in the first. When Robben and Duff started sustaining prolonged injuries we started killing games after a narrow lead more often than not.

0-0.
Fowler missed a sitter from four yards (a diving header) and David James pulled off an outstanding save from a Fat Frank point blank effort

Would any of them stand up to Barcelona 2010/11?

Castiel said:
Would any of them stand up to Barcelona 2010/11?

The one that would stand the best chance would be Chelsea because of their ability to stifle the opposition and grind out a result

Castiel said:
If this City side continues as it is and performs in the cups as well, it would have to be considered amongst them. If Liverpool had any bottle or consistency in 2007 (I think? Xabi Alonso, Masch, Torres on form) and won something they'd be up there too.
T'was the season after where they really picked up.

Alonso/Masch with Torres up top and Gerrard tucked in behind were a great spine, but I don't think the rest of the squad was all that sharp. Finishing 2nd, I'd say they overachieved really.

Kun Aguero said:
Can the rags 99 team really be considered? they won it on the last day of the season.Imo the 08/09 team was better.
Our 99 team was really good, but I prefer the 08/09 personnel.

It only happened at one point in the season, but Ronaldo/Rooney/Tevez/Berbatov as a front 4 were sensational. We didn't actually play that great football though; was more grinding out results and throwing the kitchen sink at teams until we sneaked a goal.

The Pink Panther said:
Castiel said:
The Pink Panther said:
We played really well that day and restricted you to only a couple of decent chances. I also remember that Kezman played as you had a few injuries, which helped our cause.
Anelka's penalty was one of the best and most impressive I've witnessed.
The game was held up because after awarding the penalty (correctly) the ref then had to decide whether to yellow or red Carvalho.
Never have or will begrudge you that win, you were better on the day but its just astonishing that of all the teams of the time, we lost to City to ruin an invincible run! If memory serves you also managed to get a draw at the Bridge, so we never beat you that season.

The Pink Panther said:
Which of those three teams is the best?
Chelsea I would rule out. Good as they were, they played a horrible brand of football
I don't think thats fair to say. His second season wasn't pretty to watch but we did tear some teams to pieces in the first. When Robben and Duff started sustaining prolonged injuries we started killing games after a narrow lead more often than not.

0-0.
Fowler missed a sitter from four yards (a diving header) and David James pulled off an outstanding save from a Fat Frank point blank effort
david james save was outstanding at the time but when i watched it later on tv,it was even better than i 1st thought

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Crouchinho said:
Difficult question really I've seen this debated on many forums.

Most Arsenal fans will boast they went unbeaten but they were rather fortunate in some matches. Including Pires' antics. On the European scene they were easily beaten.

Sorry I don't agree with that bit. Not entirely sure if it was the same season, but they got to the Champions League final!! If it wasn't the same season, it was with a very similar team. It must be Arsenal, the team with the longest unbeaten streak in league history.

They won the FA Cup on the unbeaten season ?

Castiel said:
with Anelka scoring what must have been his only penalty of his career, Mourinho would have had an invincible season too! :<

It's funny, Anelka was the first player I can remember where I wasn't the remotest bit worried about him getting a penalty. He was perfect every time, I reckon he would have scored a dozen for us (at a guess).

Not so good in the darker shade of blue though.

moomba said:
Castiel said:
with Anelka scoring what must have been his only penalty of his career, Mourinho would have had an invincible season too! :<

It's funny, Anelka was the first player I can remember where I wasn't the remotest bit worried about him getting a penalty. He was perfect every time, I reckon he would have scored a dozen for us (at a guess).

Cooler than this man ?

elano.jpg

Mark - TheBlue said:
moomba said:
Castiel said:

Cooler than this man ?

elano.jpg

Yes, which is why I had the cigars out when he stepped up against the rags in Moscow.
I couldn't believe what a shit penalty he took :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.