Best side of the Premier League era?

Castiel said:
leighton said:
Arsenals Invinicibles shits all over every team. That team was brilliant going forward and solid in the defence.

Chelseas team was top as well workrate that Chelsea team was the hardest working team and Jose took no prisioners in making changes if it wasnt going there way.

The way this City team is going if we win the league and stay consistant you could compare us to all of these teams.
If you hadn't have beaten us back when you were shit, with Anelka scoring what must have been his only penalty of his career, Mourinho would have had an invincible season too! :<

If this City side continues as it is and performs in the cups as well, it would have to be considered amongst them. If Liverpool had any bottle or consistency in 2007 (I think? Xabi Alonso, Masch, Torres on form) and won something they'd be up there too.

We played really well that day and restricted you to only a couple of decent chances. I also remember that Kezman played as you had a few injuries, which helped our cause.
Anelka's penalty was one of the best and most impressive I've witnessed.
The game was held up because after awarding the penalty (correctly) the ref then had to decide whether to yellow or red Carvalho.
Chelsea players, as they always did and still do, surrounded and harangued the referee.
The game was held up for a good couple of minutes before L'Elk calmly stuck the ball into the top corner of the goal

Which of those three teams is the best?
Chelsea I would rule out. Good as they were, they played a horrible brand of football

Arsenal relied too much on Henry who had a fucking unbelievable season.

So I'm going to say the rags, even though they got so lucky in the FA Cup and chumps league where they should've been dumped out before reaching the final but other top teams failed to put them to the sword. Plus the rags had five home grown players

Difficult question really I've seen this debated on many forums.

Most Arsenal fans will boast they went unbeaten but they were rather fortunate in some matches. Including Pires' antics. On the European scene they were easily beaten.

Chelsea fans will boast they've finished with the highest total points the premier league has had. Hard to break down and very efficent.

United fans will boast they won Europe and a domestic cup to back up the premiership win too.

It would have been brilliant to have all three teams battling it out. Who knows who would have won it really.

One thing with Chelsea is that they never played what I call "exciting football" . It seemed they never got out of second gear, yet they won the league with ease

Each of those sides has got 10 quality players and 1 less light beign "carried" a little.

The Arsenal team is exceptional, and then you spot Lauren in there.

Chelsea's side look very solid indeed, until you see Paulo Ferreira.

United have experience throughout, but then you see Denis Irwin, who at that stage was 34 are certainly way past his best.

Of the three sides I'd say the Arsenal one was the best, probably followed by United with Chelsea in third. All very good sides, but you've got to have a best.

Pughie said:
Man City Invincibles; Hart,Richards,Kompany,Lescott,Clichy,de Jong,Yaya Toure,Silva,Nasri,Aguero,Dzeko

;)

Twelve named and yet you've missed two of our outstanding performers so far this season, Mario and James Milner

The Pink Panther said:
We played really well that day and restricted you to only a couple of decent chances. I also remember that Kezman played as you had a few injuries, which helped our cause.
Anelka's penalty was one of the best and most impressive I've witnessed.
The game was held up because after awarding the penalty (correctly) the ref then had to decide whether to yellow or red Carvalho.
Never have or will begrudge you that win, you were better on the day but its just astonishing that of all the teams of the time, we lost to City to ruin an invincible run! If memory serves you also managed to get a draw at the Bridge, so we never beat you that season.

The Pink Panther said:
Which of those three teams is the best?
Chelsea I would rule out. Good as they were, they played a horrible brand of football
I don't think thats fair to say. His second season wasn't pretty to watch but we did tear some teams to pieces in the first. When Robben and Duff started sustaining prolonged injuries we started killing games after a narrow lead more often than not.

Crouchinho said:

Most Arsenal fans will boast they went unbeaten but they were rather fortunate in some matches. Including Pires' antics. On the European scene they were easily beaten.

Sorry I don't agree with that bit. Not entirely sure if it was the same season, but they got to the Champions League final!! If it wasn't the same season, it was with a very similar team. It must be Arsenal, the team with the longest unbeaten streak in league history.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Crouchinho said:

Sorry I don't agree with that bit. Not entirely sure if it was the same season, but they got to the Champions League final!! If it wasn't the same season, it was with a very similar team. It must be Arsenal, the team with the longest unbeaten streak in league history.

They went out to Man City's best player ever Wayne Bridge :D . I think he scored a late goal for Chelsea in the champions league. That was when Ranieri was incharge I think

They lost the charity shield and didn't make a domestic final either.

It was a great achievement in the league. I'm not sure it will be done again, but City are the only likely team to do it this season!

I guarantee in the next five years Mancin's Maestros will be talked about in the same breath.

Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Milner, Barry, Yaya Toure, Silva, Aguero, Balotelli.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.