Best small dog breed?

pug-puppy.jpg
pug-puppy-eating-grass-2573629.jpg

-End of thread, buy a pug. We have a black one and its amazing, little exercise, really cuddly, sleeps all through the day plays for an hour then sleeps all night..

only downside.. she snores... loudly.

My previous post aside, i am a great believer in rescuing dogs so i also have a collie cross that came from dogstrust. They will have plenty of small dogs around, plenty of young ones which means you miss the horrible young young stage and get a 6month old toilet trained puppy that will still bond with you. Also it is cheaper... alot cheaper.. pug £1400.00 dogs trust dog £100.00 ...

Mate of mine has just got a patterdale, lovely little thing, he's always raving about it, how loyal, good with his kids, etc

Kerry Blue Terriers are fantastic dogs, friendly intelligent and funny

Kerry_blue_terier_545.jpg

Miniature Collie's are lovely, long lived as well:

Mini-Border-Collie_art.jpg

As others have said Jack Russells are fantastic dogs as well if you're willing to put in the time to train and exercise them.

Always had Jack Russells as a kid, great personalities and very loyal but by chance got a Lancashire Heeler - he was the bravest, nicest, most loyal friend I ever had..miss him every day, cant hang around got some dirt in my eye unfortunately

-End of thread, buy a pug. We have a black one and its amazing, little exercise, really cuddly, sleeps all through the day plays for an hour then sleeps all night..

only downside.. she snores... loudly.
I love pugs and would love to own one someday. Do they not have health issues though? (eye and breathing issues?). I've also heard they shed A LOT! They're the only things that make me wary of buying one.

Flip of a coin between a pug and boston terrier for me.

Have had a couple of cavaliers and they're brilliant - friendly, loyal, lovable, laid back and can walk for miles if you ask them to. Our current one even lets my daughter use him as a pillow as he's besotted with her ever since she arrived, he's rarely left her side in the 18 months since she was born.

Good thing about cavaliers is that they bark properly - none of the irritating yapping that terriers produce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.