Best Stadium in the World

If i could do just one thing again in my life it would be stand on the Kippax the day the King made his comeback against Newcastle. Near 30 years on its still sends shivers down my spine.

Maine Road was magnificent and it was ours ad i loved it and felt at home there.

The only stadium i have been truly overwhelmed by though is Lords. Its the one place where all the greats of Cricket have played.

mcmanus said:
Maine Road. The buzz I got walking round the corner of Santiago Street was awesome. I could smell the place.

That was probably the smell of dogshit alley, no.1 and no.2 passage that ran between Claremont Rd and The Kippax car park ;-)

Carver said:
mcmanus said:
Maine Road. The buzz I got walking round the corner of Santiago Street was awesome. I could smell the place.

That was probably the smell of dogshit alley, no.1 and no.2 passage that ran between Claremont Rd and The Kippax car park ;-)

I also liked the way we employed loads of different architects over decades to design 4 different stands that were so mismatched you couldn't fail to love it. Plus the poor folk in that deathtrap looking, uncovered part between the north stand and the kippax. Style.

The crazy looking Olympic one in Beijing looked amazing

mcmanus said:
That was dog shit alley, mate.

Edit, Carver beat me to it :-(<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 pm --<br /><br />
unlikelyfan19 said:
Some perspective on the screen...

siRgCru.jpg

That is fucking insane.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
mcmanus said:

Edit, Carver beat me to it :-(

-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 pm --

unlikelyfan19 said:

siRgCru.jpg

That is fucking insane.

Would you even watch the team on the pitch or basically just end up watching the match on tv

nwhn3 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
mcmanus said:

Edit, Carver beat me to it :-(

-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 pm --

unlikelyfan19 said:

siRgCru.jpg

That is fucking insane.

Would you even watch the team on the pitch or basically just end up watching the match on tv
It's hard to imagine it being anything other than an enormous distraction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.