Best thing about Jack Rodwell

Gabriel said:
He needs time to develop and learn, so I'll reserve judgment.
completely agree. Sadly he has to learn by playing games, you dont get experience in the training field

Tony101 said:
bluebannana said:
gonna be a great player. I wish people would stop judging players based on barely any games
no he's never gonna be a great player. Gotze is 20 and Gündoğan is 21......you can say those players will be great players because they are showing fantastic promise. Rodwell has shown nothing that ell us he will be great. He does not have one attribute that stands out. In fact only reason why he was bought is because he's English

This is what I suspect.

I also dont buy the comparison with Toure either. Toure may have made the odd misplaced pass but he is always capable of threatening in a game - I havent seen any evidence of threat in an attacking sense from Rodwell at all.
He may be a good player, but is he good enough for a top 4 regular/ champions league team?

As for not posters saying dont judge him yet, its too soon, its a forum ffs, its what we do!

And anyway, yes players go through dips in form, but even during those periods I think fundamental traits of a player remain and dont get lost, and from what i've seen so far this season I cant see any such traits in him that are sort of quality we should be looking to bring in. A lot of the faults he's showing are things that shouldnt be there even if he 'needs a few more games'.
It may have been down to the high quality opposition last night that made him struggle, but the whole point is we need players who are good enough to operate at that level.

franksinatra said:
super-mario said:
well maybe hes ordered to look after the ball? youl be one of those people in a few months turning round saying I TOLD YOU HE WAS GOING TO BE CLASS like you probably did with nasri you muppet

No I will probably say what I have just said in this thread. I didnt judge him early doors but was underwhelmed by his initial performances. As for the comment about Nasri I have been defending on this forum all morning and was over the moon when we signed him. As for the muppet comment. I think a forum is not for you if your unable to discuss football sensibly.

yeahh its easy to say that now bet if i went through all your posts you slagged him off at the start of his career, i think a forum isnt for people like you.. quick to disagree with everyones opinions & generally a smarta##e..

chesterbells said:
Tony101 said:
bluebannana said:
gonna be a great player. I wish people would stop judging players based on barely any games
no he's never gonna be a great player. Gotze is 20 and Gündoğan is 21......you can say those players will be great players because they are showing fantastic promise. Rodwell has shown nothing that ell us he will be great. He does not have one attribute that stands out. In fact only reason why he was bought is because he's English

This is what I suspect.

I also dont buy the comparison with Toure either. Toure may have made the odd misplaced pass but he is always capable of threatening in a game - I havent seen any evidence of threat in an attacking sense from Rodwell at all.
He may be a good player, but is he good enough for a top 4 regular/ champions league team?

As for not posters saying dont judge him yet, its too soon, its a forum ffs, its what we do!

And anyway, yes players go through dips in form, but even during those periods I think fundamental traits of a player remain and dont get lost, and from what i've seen so far this season I cant see any such traits in him that are sort of quality we should be looking to bring in. A lot of the faults he's showing are things that shouldnt be there even if he 'needs a few more games'.
It may have been down to the high quality opposition last night that made him struggle, but the whole point is we need players who are good enough to operate at that level.
The truth is he was not a starter for everton, this is something alot of people are forgetting and im sure they couldnt believe when we made the bid. Its crazy how quick they sold him as soon as the bid came in. You would think a super English talent with massive talent wouldnt be sold off that easy, Everton didnt even try to make a bidding war and release info to the media. just a bid and it was all quick before they change their mind

Tony101 said:
bluebannana said:

so what your saying is if you dont show your world class or show world class potential when your 20 your never gonna be world class. How do you know he wont be ??????

give the lad a chance....hardly a great start from him so far but hes young and will certainly improve

de niro said:
not good enough. never will be. carling cup and maybe fa cup at best.
Don´t agree with you, he is good enough for this level.

bluebannana said:
Tony101 said:
bluebannana said:

so what your saying is if you dont show your world class or show world class potential when your 20 your never gonna be world class. How do you know he wont be ??????
Im saying if you dont have one attributes that stands out by 20-21 chances are very very small you will be world class. Offcourse there's always exceptions to this. I know young players are inconsistent, thats normal. But I see nothing that makes me think he's a super talent. I see him as a young henas, a super athlete who had major reputation as teenager because he was ahead of kids his age in physical development

The Everton fans I work with were delighted when we signed him and pissed themselves when they realised the price. They told me he is incabable of passing forward, has no real pace and would cost us goals.
Very early to judge I know and I'm still smarting a little from last night, but I don't think he's good enough and I don't think he ever will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.