best video game of all time?

Crouchinho said:
It's hard to say best game of all time as people like different genres.

Some of my favourites for my spectrum 128k were Ms Pacman, Trashman, Nodes Of Yesod, Manic Miner, Hotshot, Indiana Jones Temple Of Doom etc

Amiga 500/1200 - Turrican/2, Monkey Island 2, Sensible/world of Soccer, Lemmings, Lotus 3, Super Skidmarks, Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker

Playstation - Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7

N64 - Goldeneye

PC - Original Halo

DS - Mario World

Wii - Mario Kart

---------

Out of them all it's hard to pick from Turrican, Monkey Island 2 or the original Tomb Raider. Loved all 3

Spectrum was for poor kids, us cool one had Amstrads with a green monitor :p
best game from that era was Chuckie Egg.

bluemoon73 said:
Crouchinho said:

Some of my favourites for my spectrum 128k were Ms Pacman, Trashman, Nodes Of Yesod, Manic Miner, Hotshot, Indiana Jones Temple Of Doom etc

Amiga 500/1200 - Turrican/2, Monkey Island 2, Sensible/world of Soccer, Lemmings, Lotus 3, Super Skidmarks, Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker

N64 - Goldeneye

PC - Original Halo

DS - Mario World

Wii - Mario Kart

---------

Out of them all it's hard to pick from Turrican, Monkey Island 2 or the original Tomb Raider. Loved all 3

I agree, and while I love the spectrum the games weren't all that amazing, Commodore 64 (which I didn't own) seemed to have a better selection. I loved chuckie egg too, but only played it a while back on emulator

I think once the Amiga, Atari and both the SNES and megadrive were out we see some of the best games for gameplay, it did start the ball rolling!<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:52 pm --<br /><br />
CityTwang said:
TheBlueNowhere said:
Lemmingsssssss

Lemmings_3.png

Totally agree. It was brilliant.

One of my best games ever too, but unfortunately never completed it, I think I got to mayhem and just couldn't do it. It's funny how every fucker I talk to has completed it, either lying or used some cheat!

Crouchinho said:
bluemoon73 said:
Crouchinho said:

N64 - Goldeneye

PC - Original Halo

DS - Mario World

Wii - Mario Kart

---------

I agree, and while I love the spectrum the games weren't all that amazing, Commodore 64 (which I didn't own) seemed to have a better selection. I loved chuckie egg too, but only played it a while back on emulator

I think once the Amiga, Atari and both the SNES and megadrive were out we see some of the best games for gameplay, it did start the ball rolling!

The main spectrum game i remember was The Double and was the 1st footy manager game i can remember having real players names, never had a SNES, i had a Master system, Alex Kidd and Wonderboy was fantastic, then Mega Drive, streets of rage was probably my favorite on that platform.

bluemoon73 said:
Crouchinho said:
bluemoon73 said:

I think once the Amiga, Atari and both the SNES and megadrive were out we see some of the best games for gameplay, it did start the ball rolling!

The main spectrum game i remember was The Double and was the 1st footy manager game i can remember having real players names, never had a SNES, i had a Master system, Alex Kidd and Wonderboy was fantastic, then Mega Drive, streets of rage was probably my favorite on that platform.

My friend had a master system but I never had any consoles until the greystation, most of my friends had the consoles so that was lucky for me. I can't remember The Double, I bet it was cack though! lol. Did it take 3 hours to load? i remember I could take the dog for a walk for half hour and as I just got home Gauntlet 2 would have finished loading

Not read the entire thread, it may be mentioned in here somewhere, but "back in the day" I was a big fan of Descent

I had a joystick rigged up for it and everything, I set my keyboard up for the main keys, and could easily play until 3 or 4 in the morning.

Never really bothered with video games after that, my son spends his life on COD, and I enjoy watching him, but I really cba nowadays

Crouchinho said:
bluemoon73 said:
Crouchinho said:

My friend had a master system but I never had any consoles until the greystation, most of my friends had the consoles so that was lucky for me. I can't remember The Double, I bet it was cack though! lol. Did it take 3 hours to load? i remember I could take the dog for a walk for half hour and as I just got home Gauntlet 2 would have finished loading

No the double was fantastic, could only run the top 3 divisions though.

Kris_Musampa said:
Not read the entire thread, it may be mentioned in here somewhere, but "back in the day" I was a big fan of Descent

I had a joystick rigged up for it and everything, I set my keyboard up for the main keys, and could easily play until 3 or 4 in the morning.

Never really bothered with video games after that, my son spends his life on COD, and I enjoy watching him, but I really cba nowadays

I'm sure that game was similar to something like Elite which was on the pc, amiga and atari, not sure if you had ever played that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.