best video game of all time?

Crouchinho said:
It's hard to say best game of all time as people like different genres.

Some of my favourites for my spectrum 128k were Ms Pacman, Trashman, Nodes Of Yesod, Manic Miner, Hotshot, Indiana Jones Temple Of Doom etc

Amiga 500/1200 - Turrican/2, Monkey Island 2, Sensible/world of Soccer, Lemmings, Lotus 3, Super Skidmarks, Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker

Playstation - Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7

N64 - Goldeneye

PC - Original Halo

DS - Mario World

Wii - Mario Kart

---------

Out of them all it's hard to pick from Turrican, Monkey Island 2 or the original Tomb Raider. Loved all 3

Some quality games in there, Also remembering Chuckie Egg on the Acorn Electron and Rampage and the various Dizzy incarnations on the Spectrum, although for the life of me I still can't think why an egg can't walk under a rain cloud without dying...

Amiga games I also liked were Supercars 1 + 2 and Settlers. I thought Lemmings 2 was good simply for the little animations the various tribes did when they got to the exit (the Scottish lemmings started acting pissed and fell into a phone box).

Also honourable mentions should go to Megalomania and most of the Bitmap Brothers games like Gods, Xenon 2, Speedball 2, Magic Pockets. Can't remember whether Chaos Engine was on the Amiga or PC though.

PC Games: A lot of the Lucasarts games especially X-Wing, TIE fighter, Sam and Max hit the road and the various Monkey Island games along with Full Throttle. Other games such as Little Big Adventure 1 and 2, Crusader: No Remorse 1 and 2. For those people that like big stompy robots then Mechcommander 1 and Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries were ace (especially the commentary in the Solaris arena matches).

Console games I'd have to echo Goldeneye (multiplayer with proximity mines and sticking them on the ceiling for people to run into) as well as Mario kart 64 plus Ocarina of Time. I also liked Rogue Squadron on the GameCube. Not really owned a huge number of consoles so can't really offer much more on that front.

Some of my favs:

Deus Ex (the original)
Baldur's Gate II
Monkey Island I & II
Final Fantasy VII
Half Life II
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

bluefrom78 said:
Crouchinho said:
It's hard to say best game of all time as people like different genres.

Some of my favourites for my spectrum 128k were Ms Pacman, Trashman, Nodes Of Yesod, Manic Miner, Hotshot, Indiana Jones Temple Of Doom etc

Amiga 500/1200 - Turrican/2, Monkey Island 2, Sensible/world of Soccer, Lemmings, Lotus 3, Super Skidmarks, Jimmy Whites Whirlwind Snooker

Playstation - Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7

N64 - Goldeneye

PC - Original Halo

DS - Mario World

Wii - Mario Kart

---------

Out of them all it's hard to pick from Turrican, Monkey Island 2 or the original Tomb Raider. Loved all 3

Some quality games in there, Also remembering Chuckie Egg on the Acorn Electron and Rampage and the various Dizzy incarnations on the Spectrum, although for the life of me I still can't think why an egg can't walk under a rain cloud without dying...

Amiga games I also liked were Supercars 1 + 2 and Settlers. I thought Lemmings 2 was good simply for the little animations the various tribes did when they got to the exit (the Scottish lemmings started acting pissed and fell into a phone box).

Also honourable mentions should go to Megalomania and most of the Bitmap Brothers games like Gods, Xenon 2, Speedball 2, Magic Pockets. Can't remember whether Chaos Engine was on the Amiga or PC though.

PC Games: A lot of the Lucasarts games especially X-Wing, TIE fighter, Sam and Max hit the road and the various Monkey Island games along with Full Throttle. Other games such as Little Big Adventure 1 and 2, Crusader: No Remorse 1 and 2. For those people that like big stompy robots then Mechcommander 1 and Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries were ace (especially the commentary in the Solaris arena matches).

Console games I'd have to echo Goldeneye (multiplayer with proximity mines and sticking them on the ceiling for people to run into) as well as Mario kart 64 plus Ocarina of Time. I also liked Rogue Squadron on the GameCube. Not really owned a huge number of consoles so can't really offer much more on that front.

The bitmap brothers were brilliant, good shout, I loved psygnosis too. Speedball 2 was insane, loved the music as well same with xenon 2. Chaos engine was on the amiga too but probably made it to the pc as well, I was always the brigand! Forgot about settlers, great game if you have the manual!

Goldeneye was amazing for multiplayer, I remember first playing it around a mates house 4 of us on split screen it was like nothing ever before. I was in awe of the graphics and the fun of it all, loved the proximity mines

2rcwk0o.jpg

my mate as just had this made up with 64 different games on it,space invaders,asteroids,pacman,donkey kong , all the old games.Still good fun playing them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.