Best & worst performance of the season?

im loving the respect for the Hull away victory, this was my very narrow 2nd to Everton away just bcos Everton have such a strong record at home and our hoodoo and the title pressure etc but yes, Hull away was very solid especially with 10 men. Spurs away was also lovely, my 3rd choice.

Best - Rags at home
Worst - Sunderland away

Hull is rightly getting a mention as a battling 'champions' performance, and Newcastle away was fantastic for the same reasons

Best - Arsenal at home (6-3). Arsenal were the team at the time and had been dicking everyone. We put a very significant marker down that day.

Worst - Chelsea at home. Got well and truly Mourinho'd by a side we are certainly better than.

RandomJ said:
shemnel said:
in my terribly humblest of opinions;

Best: 3-2 away win at Everton. We hit some teams for 6 or 7 but we went to Everton - who had lost 2 home games of 18 all season - where we had won once in 15 attempts in the league at a stage of the season that demanded a win to keep the title destiny in our hands........and we won. Not only that but we restricted them and controlled them and won. Excellent team spirit and effort, great performance.

Worst: home to Wigan in the cup QFs, poor stuff!

Yep that was a shocker. Not even being greedy by saying we actually could have been celebrating a domestic treble today had we not fucked that one up so badly.
Tad hard with the FA Cup final being next week ;)

SuperYaya said:
Best - Arsenal at home
Worst - Chelsea at home or Cardiff away
A bit harsh, that. Chelsea were very good that night and simply didn't allow us to play. Sometimes you simply have to hold up your hands and say; ''fair do's''. The Wigan no-show must be up there near the top of the ''shite performances'' list. And maybe the home game against the Mackems as well. Re. the best; Hull away has to be up there. To grind out a 2-0 win, with only 10 men, and when we weren't at our sparkling best, was a massive (sniff!) result.

jimharri said:
SuperYaya said:
Best - Arsenal at home
Worst - Chelsea at home or Cardiff away
A bit harsh, that. Chelsea were very good that night and simply didn't allow us to play. Sometimes you simply have to hold up your hands and say; ''fair do's''. The Wigan no-show must be up there near the top of the ''shite performances'' list. And maybe the home game against the Mackems as well. Re. the best; Hull away has to be up there. To grind out a 2-0 win, with only 10 men, and when we weren't at our sparkling best, was a massive (sniff!) result.

We were at home and are the best team in the league. We were outplayed to the point where I barely remember us having a sniff. That shouldn't happen, some of it was a tactical failure too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.