Big news I heard last night....

Anybody watch the Madrid derby on Sky, on Saturday? Gerry Armstrong said Sheikh Mansour would like to meet Jose Mourinho. When Keatings inquired, he just said that Mansour is a fan of him, and wants to meet him.

Unknown_Genius said:
Anybody watch the Madrid derby on Sky, on Saturday? Gerry Armstrong said Sheikh Mansour would like to meet Jose Mourinho. When Keatings inquired, he just said that Mansour is a fan of him, and wants to meet him.

He's also a Real Madrid fan! It's was in the media when he bought us. He always wanted to buy Real but new it wasnt possible due to how the Spanish clubs run... Allegedly.

southern muppet said:
Unknown_Genius said:

How would he know?

I'm just repeating what he said. Armstrong wasn't asked on how he knew.

Strangeways said:
For me, Milner is a central midfielder, Yaya a holding midfielder, and AJ a left winger. Silva should also (ideally) be played centrally, not out wide, but he is obviously good enough to play there.

How many times have these 4 been played in these positions?
When has Yaya played well? Going forward and not holding. He only played deep at Barcelona because he was at Barcelona.

AJ has played well on the right, though I do prefer him on the left. I read that he now prefers to play down he right after being initially reluctant.

Milner can play across the midfield.

Silva can play across the attacking midfield line.

Sometime's you have to shuffle the players depending on who's fit and up for it.

Have you never played Football Manager before?!!

I have heard from a source that city and arsenal were definately after him. Arsenal have won the race to get him and he will sign at the end of the season for them rather than us. How true this is we will wait and see.......

Blue_Moonie said:
Strangeways said:
For me, Milner is a central midfielder, Yaya a holding midfielder, and AJ a left winger. Silva should also (ideally) be played centrally, not out wide, but he is obviously good enough to play there.

How many times have these 4 been played in these positions?
When has Yaya played well? Going forward and not holding. He only played deep at Barcelona because he was at Barcelona.

AJ has played well on the right, though I do prefer him on the left. I read that he now prefers to play down he right after being initially reluctant.

Milner can play across the midfield.

Silva can play across the attacking midfield line.

Sometime's you have to shuffle the players depending on who's fit and up for it.

Have you never played Football Manager before?!!

May be, but when has Yaya played shite? Going forward and not holding. AJ does ok on the right, but if we want crosses for Dzeko (which is why we bought him), surely he should be on the left. Have we even tried this since Dzeko arrived?

As for Milner and Silva, I accept that they can play in a range of positions, but playing them away from their strongest position fails to get the best out of them and damages their confidence - this is particularly true of Milner. Given that our midfield is misfiring, why not play the best players in their best positions, not for one game but for a run of games?

And no, I've never played Football Manager - does it show?

Strangeways said:
As for Milner and Silva, I accept that they can play in a range of positions, but playing them away from their strongest position fails to get the best out of them and damages their confidence - this is particularly true of Milner. Given that our midfield is misfiring, why not play the best players in their best positions, not for one game but for a run of games?

You don't get the best out of a player like Silva by restricting him to a single position, he's an instinctive player who knows himself when to drop deep to receive the ball and when to go forward or drift wide, leave him to a free role.

lancs blue said:
Strangeways said:

You don't get the best out of a player like Silva by restricting him to a single position, he's an instinctive player who knows himself when to drop deep to receive the ball and when to go forward or drift wide, leave him to a free role.

I agree - play him behind the striker(s) and let him go where he wants, left or right. It's harder for him to do this if he starts out wide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.