Big News Soon...

This has been going on for just too long. It seems about a year ago now that we bought the Clayton Analine site and yet still there has been no firm anouncement by the club. Still we are only speculating and clinging onto soundbites from people not even connected with the club - such as this latest one.

Don't get me wrong, I am well pleased with the way the club's being run but I do think that if MAJOR changes are being made (and by the sound of what's been romoured/discussed etc both on these pages and elsewhere) then we, the fans, deserve to be told. So, come on Garry Cook, pull your finger out and tell us what's going down on the streets of Eastlands!

I hear we are buying OT to use as a spill over car park and linking it to COM's by tram, not sure where the rags are going but there is talk of moving them to Chesters ground if they don't get their money problems sorted , Chesters ground will be big enough once the hangers on leave once there is no silver wear arriving.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
This has been going on for just too long. It seems about a year ago now that we bought the Clayton Analine site and yet still there has been no firm anouncement by the club. Still we are only speculating and clinging onto soundbites from people not even connected with the club - such as this latest one.

Don't get me wrong, I am well pleased with the way the club's being run but I do think that if MAJOR changes are being made (and by the sound of what's been romoured/discussed etc both on these pages and elsewhere) then we, the fans, deserve to be told. So, come on Garry Cook, pull your finger out and tell us what's going down on the streets of Eastlands!

You dont announce what you are doing until everything has been sorted. The club have been picking up land and property around COMS over the past 12 months. But there will be no announcement until we have everything that we can possibly get.

There discussions also involve various other parties such as the council / development agency etc - so it wont be announced until everything is ready to go. I'm sure we are getting close to that time, and when we are everybody will be buzzing about it. I'm sure it will become very clear why we were chosen by ADUG and what the whole project is !

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm only really interested in our football club becoming winners.

The "company" owning half of Manchester, and being successful in property acquisitions is not of any great interest to me.

Obviously helping to develop a fairly deprived area of Manchester is important for the city, and very welcome.

JOGAMIGMOG said:

I assume you have no idea how business works.

Once this works starts it will in my opinion

a) Benefit the academy and training facilites of players

b) Raise the profile of the club

c) Raise profile of Manchester and that Manchester has only one club.

d) Increase turnover for club

e) Help increase our corporate brand

JOGAMIGMOG said:

Back in the days of Peter Swales the match programme every season had pictures of the plans for the development of the stadium, every season those plans were scrapped for one reason or another. Under Cook things have been kept to rumours with official announcements only when deals have been concluded. For Garry Cook to be on the board of the new east manchester shows that the club is determined to change the landscape of Manchester as a City as well as City as a Club. What a time to support this team, what a time to live in this city

Rammyblues said:
c) Raise profile of Manchester and that Manchester has only one club.

This won't be a popular comment but while all of us know the geographic truth about football clubs in Manchester, the rest of the world already accept that Manchester has one huge club, and City. I don't think we'll ever change that, no matter how many trophies we win (and I'll settle for one right now).

Its just a useful stat in the banter with rags, but we have no chance of changing the whole world perception of where united come from, its quite definitely Manchester I'm afraid.

The thought of it being a new all singing all dancing training facility for city is fine, but it does`nt excite, we`ve already got adequate facilities at carrington and Platt lane. Other than a state of the art training ground what could our ADUG masters have up their sleeve ??? I say a vast hotel and expansion of the ground along with some sort of massive attraction....

Anyone care to speculate ?

Its just a useful stat in the banter with rags, but we have no chance of changing the whole world perception of where united come from, its quite definitely Manchester I'm afraid.

I agree mate but if you do fuck all about it nothing will ever happen if you do try even though you know it might take decades then the exercise is worthwhile. When you go abroad and they say where you from and you say Manchester I want to be asked the question City or United that would be a fucking start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.