Big News Soon...

Bluemoon115 said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
This has been going on for just too long. It seems about a year ago now that we bought the Clayton Analine site and yet still there has been no firm anouncement by the club. Still we are only speculating and clinging onto soundbites from people not even connected with the club - such as this latest one.

Don't get me wrong, I am well pleased with the way the club's being run but I do think that if MAJOR changes are being made (and by the sound of what's been romoured/discussed etc both on these pages and elsewhere) then we, the fans, deserve to be told. So, come on Garry Cook, pull your finger out and tell us what's going down on the streets of Eastlands!

I assume you have no idea how business works.

Erm, yes! Presuumably you've never been to an AGM.

Usually a business is accountable to its shareholders and major aquisitions such as the purchase of a huge acreage of land are shown in the annual accounts which are open to discussion and scrutiny at the AGM.

As we now don't have any shares and are privately owned, we no longer have the opportunity to question the Board of Directors at the AGM or to debate issues arising from the accounts. All I am asking is for our Chairman to spill a few beans!

rickmcfc said:
not being rude but what is this map all about m8???
Immaculate Pasta said:
'

The club's chief executive Garry Cook has joined the board of New East Manchester, and there has already been co-operation on several community schemes involving education and employment.

Mr Smith also said the extension of the Metrolink system to East Manchester is proving to be a key driver of regeneration, and was encouraging developers to move ahead with schemes, such as the ambitious Holt Town project, which have been affected by the recession.

"We have gone through a very, very difficult 18 months and have sustained momentum and kept investment coming in. The Metrolink investment has been vital to maintaining this momentum."

He said there were signs it is proving to be a catalyst for other developments to restart: "Holt Town is obviously inexorably linked to the residential property market and accessing credit and finance to move it forward has been very difficult, so the project has slowed down.

"In recent discussions with Cibitas (the developer) there have been positive signals that Metrolink has reinvigorated confidence and they are now prepared to move forward with some of the early phases of the development."

it's got Sport City on it and links to above but beyond that... pass ...except Holt Town is obviously the preferred residential location for the Blue who just wants a brisk walk to the ground from home.

I havent read all the thread but i just hope that if we do or don;t build another stadium, we can find some sort of way for standing areas.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
Bluemoon115 said:
I assume you have no idea how business works.

Erm, yes! Presuumably you've never been to an AGM.

Usually a business is accountable to its shareholders and major aquisitions such as the purchase of a huge acreage of land are shown in the annual accounts which are open to discussion and scrutiny at the AGM.

As we now don't have any shares and are privately owned, we no longer have the opportunity to question the Board of Directors at the AGM or to debate issues arising from the accounts. All I am asking is for our Chairman to spill a few beans!

Why should he. Just to satisfy the idle curiousity of us the fans........... I dont think so. I get the impression that the club likes working with its cards firmly in its chest. Whether it is about transfers or about the development of the area the club likes to deals in scret and then anounce things in a blaze of publicity.

In my opinion the best way to do business that way you get maximum impact

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.