Big News Soon...

cleavers said:
Rammyblues said:
c) Raise profile of Manchester and that Manchester has only one club.

This won't be a popular comment but while all of us know the geographic truth about football clubs in Manchester, the rest of the world already accept that Manchester has one huge club, and City. I don't think we'll ever change that, no matter how many trophies we win (and I'll settle for one right now).

Its just a useful stat in the banter with rags, but we have no chance of changing the whole world perception of where united come from, its quite definitely Manchester I'm afraid.

I'm not sure the rags ever really thought they'd catch Liverpool's number of titles, but they did it!

It's not going to happen overnight but give it 20 years and who knows?

What goes around, comes around.

Rammyblues said:
Its just a useful stat in the banter with rags, but we have no chance of changing the whole world perception of where united come from, its quite definitely Manchester I'm afraid.

I agree mate but if you do fuck all about it nothing will ever happen if you do try even though you know it might take decades then the exercise is worthwhile. When you go abroad and they say where you from and you say Manchester I want to be asked the question City or United that would be a fucking start.

I agree, and we'll do that quickly enough, by winning stuff, but convincing the rest of the world that Manchester United are not from Manchester is a bit of a waste of time. Of course if they somehow go bust we will have Manchester all to ourselves !

cleavers said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm only really interested in our football club becoming winners.

The "company" owning half of Manchester, and being successful in property acquisitions is not of any great interest to me.

Obviously helping to develop a fairly deprived area of Manchester is important for the city, and very welcome.

Well said.

cleavers said:
Rammyblues said:
I agree mate but if you do fuck all about it nothing will ever happen if you do try even though you know it might take decades then the exercise is worthwhile. When you go abroad and they say where you from and you say Manchester I want to be asked the question City or United that would be a fucking start.

I agree, and we'll do that quickly enough, by winning stuff, but convincing the rest of the world that Manchester United are not from Manchester is a bit of a waste of time. Of course if they somehow go bust we will have Manchester all to ourselves !

Not so sure I agree with this. I think we've been quite successful in convincing the rest of England that City are the real Manchester club (much to United supporters continuing annoyance). This is why the Tevez poster was such genius on many different levels. From a marketing point of view, it would be much easier to market the club internationally as the real Manchester club (as opposed to the bigger or more successful club). For this strategy to be successful, we have to become genuine contenders at a European level, but, both on and off the pitch, we've barely scratched the surface of what we can achieve over the next few years, if everything remains stable.

This has nothing to do with the rags. It' how we develop and benefit our city at the same time.

worked in norway and holland recently and they are all aware manchester is blue.

1.618034 said:
cleavers said:
This won't be a popular comment but while all of us know the geographic truth about football clubs in Manchester, the rest of the world already accept that Manchester has one huge club, and City. I don't think we'll ever change that, no matter how many trophies we win (and I'll settle for one right now).

I'm not sure the rags ever really thought they'd catch Liverpool's number of titles, but they did it!

It's not going to happen overnight but give it 20 years and who knows?

What goes around, comes around.

Just on this....watching MTV's "super sweet sixteen" and there was Timbalands son wearing a Chelsea shirt, and in the next scene wearing a Liverpool shirt....If the hip hop community in the US get into wearing Premier League Shirts, as the latest trend, it won't take long before we see stars wearing City shirts on MTV etc.

Personally I don't give a monkeys what the rest of the world think of City, they are my club, and I love them no matter what...but I don't think it will be difficult to convince the next generation worldwide that City are THE club in Manchester

Somebody I know who works for Manchester Council is gonna try and find out some details for me on Monday! If the info is any good ill post it on here.

United were not just catapulted Into the worlds spotlight. A great many thing's happend, both In the distant past and more over the recent past. To many to list, but they worked In the end In their favour. It's a fact that they had an emotional attachment of support because of the Munich air disaster. That was more on a national level, and more over a local-ish level. They became the housewives choice all be It through terrible circumstances. The big factor for them was two fold, and neither one without the other would have turned them Into a world brand. Thats Is to say.
1, Success on the pitch In a big way at a time when English football started to Interest a world audience.
2, Skysports coverage on the Premier league worldwide.
It's all about profile and success.
I dont want City to be the same as the rag's. We are better than that. But If we can break Into the world's potential through success on the field anything Is possible. The sky Is the limit. The one thing we have In common with the rag's, but In name alone Is "Manchester". That's In our favour. In time I believe we can be snapping at their heels, nothing lasts forever and our time Is coming. Even the Roman empire came and went so why not. Come on City 3 points against Fulham please!

map4.gif

see
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cibitas.co.uk/holt_town.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cibitas.co.uk/holt_town.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.