Big Thank-You To MCFC (Gary Cook)

thats fantastic. we really are becoming a club for the people. even though we are everything bad about manchester.

Best club in the world with the best fans in the world and the best owners in the world......

from O/S

City are delighted to announce that current armed forces personnel will from now on be eligible for discounted match tickets for all Premier League home games at the City of Manchester Stadium.
Seats will be made available in home areas of the ground for the remainder of the season, starting with the match against Sunderland on December 19, which goes on sale this weekend.

The discount will allow the armed forces to watch Premier League football for as little as £17.

“We have long worked with the Royal British Legion on the annual Poppy Appeal and are delighted to now be able to offer longer term benefits to our armed forces personnel,” declared CEO Garry Cook who will lay a wreath in the Memorial Graden outside entrance S before the game.

“We regularly receive correspondence from City fans who are serving their country all around the world and we hope that this discount will make it a little easier for them to see their team whilst on leave.”

The announcement comes as the Club prepares to honour the nation’s armed forces at this Saturday’s home game against Burnley, ahead of Sunday’s national Remembrance Day activities.

Along with the annual embroidering of the Poppy emblem on to the team’s match shirts, which will be auctioned to raise funds for the British Legion, poppies will also be sold by current service personnel and cadet forces outside the City of Manchester Stadium prior to kick off.

Soldiers Staff Sergeant Wayne Heathcote and Sergeant Paul Watson will lead out the teams, accompanied by Jim Baker, County Welfare Officer for The Royal British Legion in Greater Manchester.

Jim will read an extract from the poem ‘For the Fallen’ by Laurence Binyon prior to kick off and the Club has donated 100 complimentary tickets for the game to current service personnel. Further details of both the shirt auction and the new discount prices will be available from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfc.co.uk</a> from Monday.

Cookie is a top fella and we should feel proud he's the chief exec of our club. All the knobs that gave him a hard time after the Kaka affair should hang their heads in shame!

He'll land us a big big star in Jan - my monies on Ribery when Bayern fail to qualify for the knock out stages of the champs league!!!

That's absolutely brilliant, real class, well done Cooky.

I bet the papers would never publish that to show how amazing the club is would they, they wouldn't like that, were apparently ruining football, bollocks to you all, we are the peoples club.

I dont think we should be in Iraq or Afganistan but as we are I think it is essential that the men who are out there should be supported to the hilt. The actions of Garry Cooke and MCFC make me proud. Well done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.