Biggest, Most Important home match in City’s history?

Agree with OP. Many good points from others by citing important matches but I do agree this one is, dare I say it, massi ... Big.

Never really gone along with this idea that a second season in Division 3 would have been anything like the end of the club.

But it would more than likely have put things back enough that the current owners wouldn’t have ended up owning the club.

So for that reason I’ll agree with those saying Wigan in the play off semi final.

Losing on Wednesday would undoubtedly be a very bitter pill to swallow but it’s unlikely to really change the club’s immediate future too much.

Another game to throw into the mix was the two all draw with Liverpool that saw us get relegated under the football genius. A massive game for the club that we totally fucked up.

For the same reason as the OP, I'm going Spuds at home in the CL 2019.

In my alternate universe we get the first ever quadruple, Liverpool win fook all, Kane doesn't sign a new contract and joins us instead.

Fast forward to 2023 and Kane has 350 PL goals and is playing number 10 position alongside Haaland who joined in 2021. We won the last 3 CL's and Bellingham and Vinicius Jr took a paycut to join us. Pep is still the manager but watches most games from home cos it's so easy. Phillips is still on the bench.

Never really gone along with this idea that a second season in Division 3 would have been anything like the end of the club.

But it would more than likely have put things back enough that the current owners wouldn’t have ended up owning the club.

So for that reason I’ll agree with those saying Wigan in the play off semi final.

Losing on Wednesday would undoubtedly be a very bitter pill to swallow but it’s unlikely to really change the club’s immediate future too much.
Your perspective and the perspective of someone born in the City of Manchester Stadium era will differ. Definitely Wigan home leg, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.