Biggest net spend over past decade - City 5th, United first

There are still some, most recently Anthony Elenga to Forrest for 15 million. But certainly not on the scale of our sales over recent seasons.
Elanga played for the 1st team 39 times.
As I say, name a single united academy player that has 0 appearances for the 1st team that was sold for anywhere near 1m, let alone £19m Trafford levels.

Elanga played for the 1st team 39 times.
As I say, name a single united academy player that has 0 appearances for the 1st team that was sold for anywhere near 1m, let alone £19m Trafford levels.
The paragraph I replied to was:-

"The important fact here, was that, even now I can’t think of any player who recently came through their academy and was sold on for anything but peanuts or to an ex-united managed club."

No mention of whether they made a first team appearance or not? TBH I'm not sure that matters anyway, we sold Palmer for £45 million and made a tidy profit from the player- the fact that he made a number of 1st team appearances doesn't change that?

One of them has lost the plot. Apparently the sales of academy players doesn’t count, silly clowns are in complete denial.
I was reading all their comments last night and this idiot has completely lost the plot.
To be fair there were others who actually told him we were a better run club, but the thick shite was having none of it.
Deluded and jealous.

Dare I mention the word holistic which drew down such scorn on us nearly a decade ago? We can see clearly now that a smoothly efficient machine was created. And when we look at the individuals brought in to operate it it is no wonder other teams could/cannot compete. Fortunately our entitled rivals cannto see this and bellyache on and on about “cheating” and “oil money”. Some are waking up. Brighton are doing things properly and Newcastle are showing some green shoots of growth but … fingers crossed that the “Big 5+ (?)” never learn.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.