Biggest tearjerking movie moment ever

jacko74 said:
The end of Stand by Me.
How did I forget this?! That film, (other than the finding of a dead body), is a carbon copy of how I used to spend my summers in the mid 80's. Me, 4 mates, and red hot summers, (or so it seemed), of growing up and having fun.

NB: None of my mates' dads held their lads ear to a stove and almost burnt it off!

Pigeonho said:
jacko74 said:
The end of Stand by Me.
How did I forget this?! That film, (other than the finding of a dead body), is a carbon copy of how I used to spend my summers in the mid 80's. Me, 4 mates, and red hot summers, (or so it seemed), of growing up and having fun.

NB: None of my mates' dads held their lads ear to a stove and almost burnt it off!

My feelings exactly...even though I grew up in 1970's/80's Droylsden and not 1950's rural America it just stirred so many feelings and memories of childhood, adolesence and 'growing up' in me!

Marley & Me - I knew it was coming, but still... I love dogs.

Rudy - When he finally gets in to Notre Dame

The Invention of Lying - When his mom dies

Bluebird1 said:
I can cry at anything. Sad music comes on and I'm in floods, it's very embarrassing:-(

Ditto - even adverts get me going lol

Most films get me going, watching PS I love you i only lastest 15 mins and i was a basket case, band of brothers nearly killed me.

Hang on that andrex advert is on again...

*grabs tissues<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:36 pm --<br /><br />
m27 said:
I know it's already been mentioned but E.T. isn't just a case of crying when he goes home:

E.T. dies - tears of sadness

E.T. comes back from the dead - tears of joy

E.T. goes home - absolute uncontrollable sobbing.

I refuse to watch it again, it just gets embarrassing.

That sounds like me lol

buckshot said:
It is physically impossible for a man not to cry at the end of Field of Dreams.

Oh yes.

Even my lad, who was only about 8 years old at the time, started saying "Tell him...TELL him..."

niceblueice said:
The ending of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-bR1WBOttU[/youtube]

I've never heard so many people crying in a cinema before. The fact that things like this really happened, and that they were children, so naive and ignorant thinking they were being treated kindly by being given shelter and then being sent in to have a shower. And that moment where they hold hands during the confusion and screaming, and that final moment when the parents realised what has happened, the expression on the father's face and the mother's cry. Its such a heartbreaking film, i've yet to watch it and not cry!

One of the saddest momentson filmever.

When we went to see it and the filfinished, noone not one person raised from their seat. Total silence people watching the credits and obviously composing themselves.

Was a very moving film.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.