Billy McNeill

Did a great job with no money and as GDM says,who wouldnt take the opportunity to get away from Swales.

Feel so sorry for his family,Billy probably is unaware of whats going on around him,so hard for them all.
His wife sounds an absolute star.
As the illness progresses, he won't be. My mum had Alzheimer's for her last three years. And for the last 6 months or so, she didn't know me. There was a woman there who looked like my mother, but she wasn't the mother I knew. It's a horrible illness.

Not a fan of Celtic to put it mildly but it would be churlish to not acknowledge the greatness of The Lisbon Lions and the sides of the Jock Stein era and Billy was the leader of that hugely talented pack, like his counterpart at Rangers John Greig he was the face of the club and along with the likes of John Greig, Jimmy Johnstone, Jim Baxter, Denis Law, Kenny Dalglish, Dave McKay he was and still is one of the post war giants of the Scottish and indeed the British game. It was sad to read of yet another footballer from that era suffering from this awful illness and the pain his family and his very admirable wife are going through. The ironic thing is physically he looks very well and imposing but the truth is his mind is not, best wishes to him and his family.

P.s he wasn't a bad boss for us at all and I don't blame him for buggering off to Villa bearing in mind who his boss was at City.

He was in a very sorry state at a Champions League draw a few years back, so I'm not entirely surprised by this news, which is still very sad. It's horrible watching a loved one get taken by this awful illness.

The manner he left us was unfortunate, but City fans should remember who his immediate boss was. I expect that played a big part in his decision to go to Villa, who also got relegated that season. He did very well to get us promoted with fuck all money after Swales had criminally mismanaged the club for a number of years.

I hope whatever time he has left is as peaceful and painless as possible.
Totally agree, GDM. Swales as usual made promises to Billy McNeill that he couldn't keep re transfer funds if we got promoted. Billy Mac worked a minor miracle keeping us up in that first season back in the top flight, it's no wonder he got pissed off with Swales.

Very sad to see him suffering from this dreadful illness that eventually claimed my mum a few years back, judging by that article he does have a very strong, caring family to support him.

He was in a very sorry state at a Champions League draw a few years back, so I'm not entirely surprised by this news, which is still very sad. It's horrible watching a loved one get taken by this awful illness.

The manner he left us was unfortunate, but City fans should remember who his immediate boss was. I expect that played a big part in his decision to go to Villa, who also got relegated that season. He did very well to get us promoted with fuck all money after Swales had criminally mismanaged the club for a number of years.

I hope whatever time he has left is as peaceful and painless as possible.

Pretty much spot on.

Hope for his families sake and his that the rest of his days are peaceful ones, It can be very distressing.

As the illness progresses, he won't be. My mum had Alzheimer's for her last three years. And for the last 6 months or so, she didn't know me. There was a woman there who looked like my mother, but she wasn't the mother I knew. It's a horrible illness.

Yes its a horrible illness,my Mum went quickly with cancer and in a strange way I was grateful it wasnt Alzheimers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.