birds

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date
Either way, stop repeating bloody questions I've already answered.

Are you a police officer?
Fck-Da-Police_o_98709.jpg

don't you simply love them?

ida and i were out exploring the countryside around our new home this sunny afternoon,
when we came upon a pair of peregrine falcons in the midst of their mating rituals.

they flew so elegantly in courtship, dancing a flamenco right above our heads,
easily finding the currents to glide with the manoeuvrability of angels.

they swoop and stoop with such incredible speed and headlong power,
almost divebombing at times, their shadows on the rockface doubling their menace.
i imagine r. j. mitchell must've studied them at length.

they are both slate grey above, barred with darker grey & white barred underneath.
the male has a heavy black moustache-lobe.
the female has a remarkable buff tinge on her breast.

ida was so much beside herself with joy at the sight that she let me lick her out.
all in all it was a very pleasant afternoon.

birds, don't you just love them.

We need to meet Calum.
A splendid repose my good man and I salute you indefatigably on all that is nature bound.
And may I say what a splendid name your good lady has
We were going to name our third daughter Ida.

if the housemartins nested in my window i would think it was happy hour again.

There was one particular street near our house when I was growing up that was Mecca for house martins. You could see the nests under the eaves and every year I used to look forward to their arrival. I would watch them for hours and it is one of the most endearing memories from my childhood.
I was back home visiting relatives a few weeks ago and remembered them. I made a quick detour and was gutted to find not a single trace of them. I can't believe how sad I was afterwards.

ida and i were out exploring the countryside around our new home this sunny afternoon,
when we came upon a pair of peregrine falcons in the midst of their mating rituals.

almost divebombing at times, their shadows on the rockface doubling their menace.

they are both slate grey above, barred with darker grey & white barred underneath.

ida was so much beside herself with joy at the sight that she let me lick her out.

Shit mate, our labrador used to get a bit frisky when she saw geese. I used to just lob her an extra few dog biscuits though!
Seriously though, birds are great - particularly raptors.

We need to meet Calum.
A splendid repose my good man and I salute you indefatigably on all that is nature bound.
And may I say what a splendid name your good lady has
We were going to name our third daughter Ida.

My Dad had a sister called Ida! I wonder if they got those names the same way people buy BMWs - it's easy to spell!

I live 3 mins walk from Nantwich town centre in a first floor flat with a path and a large grass area with a few large trees. If you go onto my balcony you will see a pair of carrion crows, numerous Starlings, Blackbirds, House Sparrows, Blue Tits, Great Tits, Wren, Robin, a sizable flock of Goldfinches, Chaffiches, a couple of Mistle Thrushes, Pied Wagtails, Pigeons. Kites and Buzzards can often be seen circling high overhead

Come sunset and out come the bats an owl, foxes, hedgehogs, and last night a Badger......

Any chance you could send your Mrs round?

Anyway when it gets warm and you kip with the windows open its a fucking nightmare because as soon as it comes light its like you have fallen asleep in an aviary and the flat will be full of massive moths.

Incredible how much wildlife is down this neck of the woods and so close to what is supposed to be a town centre.

to be fair to her,
a pair of dead birds is hardly likely to get her juices flowing.

i've already met the local poacher and he tells me it's easy to catch pheasant...
apparently they love raisins,
so you simply put a few tamazepams inside a few raisins & lay them out in the early evening.
the birds scoff them up, head up to their branches for the night & subsequently fall off beacause they are nutted!

or you can ask a client, who happens to be a game keeper, to put his hand in the pen and grab a couple.

There was one particular street near our house when I was growing up that was Mecca for house martins. You could see the nests under the eaves and every year I used to look forward to their arrival. I would watch them for hours and it is one of the most endearing memories from my childhood.
I was back home visiting relatives a few weeks ago and remembered them. I made a quick detour and was gutted to find not a single trace of them. I can't believe how sad I was afterwards.
Always look forward to seeing the first swallows swifts and sand/house martins in April.
Stood in the river salmon fishing in the autumn always makes me sad when I see the last ones of the year fly in and skim the surface to take a drink before their long flight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.