Birmingham Carling Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full strength.

Pummel the Brummie twats...I hate them with a passion, ever since they kicked off at Maine Road and that copper got knocked out and then in 2007 when they had that 'Zulu reunion' and the old, fat, scarred muppets apparently took a beating.

Didn't stop them throwing bottles at anyone though.

Vile human beings...although they have a pretty tame following nowadays, I still despise them.

Think kolo will play as he's been on the bench for a while

But he could play in midfield. That's where we seem to be weakest at the moment with the same players playing every 3 days.

I think there's a good chance Hargreaves may get a game on Weds although it might be from the bench

We could field a totally changed team eg

------------Pantilimon---------
Onouha--Savic--Rekik--Kolarov
-------------Razak-----------
---AJ-----Kolo-----Zabaleta--
---------Balotelli--Tevez------

but if you make 11 changes, what chances are there that they will play fluently

More likely is we'll make 2-3 changes and leave experience in each area of the team. Must be a certainty to see Tevez and Balotelli start

Marvin said:

If you're gonna play Kolo in midfield (which I think is a ridiculous idea for a defender who hasn't kicked a ball competitively in over half a year), why in the name of God would you stick him behind the strikers?

mcfcliam said:
Full strength.

Pummel the Brummie twats...I hate them with a passion, ever since they kicked off at Maine Road and that copper got knocked out and then in 2007 when they had that 'Zulu reunion' and the old, fat, scarred muppets apparently took a beating.

Vile human beings...although they have a pretty tame following nowadays, I still despise them.

Hopefully it is our full strength side. Let's play 'em off the park. I'v also hated them with a passion since that so called Zulu reunion. My nephew got hit with a bottle by one of those cunts.

And by the way, they did get a good kick 'in...

WhitbyBlue said:
mcfcliam said:
Full strength.

Hopefully it is our full strength side. Let's play 'em off the park. I'v also hated them with a passion since that so called Zulu reunion. My nephew got hit with a bottle by one of those cunts.

Problem is we´ve got a much bigger game 2 and a half days after and against a very physical team. I think they played a 1st v reserve 11 the other day so they must have been preparing for it. Brum are not what they were last season either. Bring game changers on if we´re really struggling

codespyder said:
Marvin said:

If you're gonna play Kolo in midfield (which I think is a ridiculous idea for a defender who hasn't kicked a ball competitively in over half a year), why in the name of God would you stick him behind the strikers?
Read my post. I didn't say that would be my team. I was trying to come up with an all changed team. Kolo has played in midfield for Arsenal and that's where we are stretched at the moment: Milner, De Jong and Hargreaves are injured so who would you play in midfield? I'd play a solid midfield whose job it was to win the ball for the front 2 and AJ<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:34 pm --<br /><br />
mike channon´s windmill said:
WhitbyBlue said:
mcfcliam said:
Full strength.

Problem is we´ve got a much bigger game 2 and a half days after and against a very physical team. I think they played a 1st v reserve 11 the other day so they must have been preparing for it. Brum are not what they were last season either. Bring game changers on if we´re really struggling
Difficult to know how Birmingham will approach it. They lost 4-1 today, but they are Cup holders. Hopefully they will have abandoned all hope and send the kids/reserves. They have the Europa League as well

Not to be a doomsayer but looking at the seat planner with half the stadium closed, I'm not even sure we've sold 10,000 tickets for this game yet. Are many from here going? I am and hope others do because it won't be the youth team like last year, we'll have a good 11 out.

Reality check.

Two draws in the space of four days after our 100% start should give us a little warning ahead of our bogey team visiting on Saturday.

Few of us will be disappointed,but we have come along way in a short space of time,and we have so much potential in this young side it will be a good season I'm sure.

I'm now looking forward to Wednesday night,and the chance to see some of the younger players and perhaps some of a fringe players getting a run out,a game that would have meant a lot once upon a time,but now seems like a no pressure contest when you think where we are now.

I hope Roberto gets the message across in training this week,and today's game has been a kick up the arse ahead of the visit of Everton.We all know they'll be up for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.