Birmingham Carling Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XI against Birmingham

Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero will all be tucking into pie and peas and watching it from the stands and rightly so with two huge games coming up in Everton and Bayern.

Pantimilon

Zabaleta
K Toure
Savic
Clichy

Razak
Hargreaves

Johnson
Assulin
Balotelli

Tevez

Subs:
Taylor, Rekik, Wabara, Onouha, Roman, Scapuzzi, Bunn,

WNRH said:
Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko and Aguero will all be tucking into pie and peas and watching it from the stands and rightly so with two huge games coming up in Everton and Bayern.

Pantimilon

Zabaleta
K Toure
Savic
Clichy

Razak
Hargreaves

Johnson
Assulin
Balotelli

Tevez

Subs:
Taylor, Rekik, Wabara, Onouha, Roman, Scapuzzi, Bunn,

this for me too

Re: Carling Cup City V Brum Pre Match Discussion Thread

-----------Hart-----------

--Zab----Kolo----Savic----Kolarov

---------Barry---Razak---------

------------Suarez-----------

-----AJ------------Nasri----

-----------Mario-----------

Bench: Pantilimon, Vinny, Richards, Silva, Roman, Bunn and Tevez.

Abit more firepower on the bench if we begin to struggle.

But, the priority for me is getting Nige fit again and resting some of the big boys!

.............Pantamillion............

Zaba (C)....Kolo........Savic....Kolarov

.............Hargreaves.....Milner*......

Johnson..............................Assuslin

.............Tevez ..........Balotelli

Hart
Richards
Lescott
Nasri
Razak
Dzeko
Barry**

* if fit
** starts if milner isn't fit

229925_Manchester_City.jpg

What I'd like to see, although I expect a few more first teamers in reality.

For me personally I want to see most if not all the first team get rested for this match, we have enough quality for this to happen. The guy area it would seem we have to rest is the holding midfield players so I would expect Hargreaves to get a start with hopefully Razak.

A point I have considered is if Balotelli starts will he give his all to make his place in the 1st team or consider it an insult? it's something to ponder. I'd love to Harry Bunn get on the pitch i've heard so many good things about him.

As long as we don't pick an EDS team , I am happy . I wanna see a mixture of experienced first team players and the up and coming youth stars like Razak .

Ok, so WHILE I understand the logic behind resting key players (and agree with it) - I DONT understand calling for EDS team, etc. etc. for two reasons:

1) Some VERY GOOD players have been sitting down a lot lately (for example 2X10 minutes for Tevez in last two games will hardly kill him), so fatigue is definitely not an issue - so WHY NOT try to go as far as we can??

2) Some of these same players actually NEED game time. Take Balo for example - the lad hasnt stepped on the pitch in a long time, are you really gonna play Guidetti or any EDS player ahead of him???

Mancini needs to keep people happy, and more importantly - IN GAME SHAPE.

My projection of the line up:

---------Pantilimon----------

Savic - Kolo - Lescott - Kolarov

Zabaleta-- Milner----Razak-----AJ

----Tevez-----Balotelli----

Roman is in the squad.

JoanAngelRoman Joan Angel Roman
Very happy for beeing in the squad for the Carling Cup game against Birmingham!! Hopefully i can get some minutes!! take care everyone!!
29 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.