Status
Not open for further replies.
blinkblue said:
_____________Pantilimon____________

Zabaleta____Kolo____Savic____Kolarov

___________Barry____Milner_________

____Johnson____Tevez____Assulin____

______________Balotelli_____________

I'd agree with this but take Barry out for Razak maybe.

MCFC1993 said:
blinkblue said:
_____________Pantilimon____________

Zabaleta____Kolo____Savic____Kolarov

___________Barry____Milner_________

____Johnson____Tevez____Assulin____

______________Balotelli_____________

I'd agree with this but take Barry out for Razak maybe.
Or De Jong, depending on whether Mancini wants to keep playing the same team as the spurs game or not.

bluesteve1964 said:
Has the date been set yet? Nothing on web site. Assuming it will be either 20th or 21st Sept.

According to the 'Inesteemedkompany' blog its 19th (which is a Monday!)

Not sure where he got that from, seems unlikely as we play Fulham on Saturday the 17th.

Here's a link: http://inesteemedkompany.blogspot.com/

Nothing on OS.

Edit: just realised, he probably meant week of 19th.

Pentillimon
Zaba Toure Savic Kolarov

Milner Razak

Johnson Assullin Ballotelli

Guidettii/Nimely/Tevez

Bench- Taylor
Rekik
Roman
Bunn
Tevez
Aguero
Saurez

Whilst we can pretty much write off the CC as a meaningful competition, and should use it to blood some youngsters, we also want to put out a team capable of winning the tie. A replay would not be great news.

We need to know a little more about how the Brum would line up - will they write it off at this early stage, or will they come out in force t defend their cup? Do they have fast wingers or will they play Zigic and go long?

In essence though I agree with what the general gist of this thread has suggested so far. Toure, Milner and Tevez may provide an experienced spine if they approach the game in the correct manner, but there are some younger players at the club that we desperately need to give some first team action to, in order to progress them and to prove ourselves as a club that develops talent and gives it a chance.

bluetonium said:
Whilst we can pretty much write off the CC as a meaningful competition, and should use it to blood some youngsters, we also want to put out a team capable of winning the tie. A replay would not be great news.

We need to know a little more about how the Brum would line up - will they write it off at this early stage, or will they come out in force t defend their cup? Do they have fast wingers or will they play Zigic and go long?

In essence though I agree with what the general gist of this thread has suggested so far. Toure, Milner and Tevez may provide an experienced spine if they approach the game in the correct manner, but there are some younger players at the club that we desperately need to give some first team action to, in order to progress them and to prove ourselves as a club that develops talent and gives it a chance.
There is no replays in the league cup and why is it not a meaningful competition we have won 1 trophy in 35 years I hope we go for every trophy and so we should with the size of our squad.

____________Pantilimon____________

Zabaleta____Kolo____Savic____Clichy

___________Razak____Milner_________

____Johnson____Assulin____Balotelli____

______________Guidetti_____________

Subs: Taylor, Rekik, Wabara, Veseli, Meppen-Walter, Nimley, Tevez

____________Taylor
Onouha__Wabara__Kolo__Bridge
Suarez___Razak___Roman__Bellamy
________Bunn____Guidetti

Perfect opportunity to get a look at the youngsters, whilst putting the deadwood in the shop window.

4-1 to Birmingham, sadly.

greasedupdeafguy said:
bluetonium said:

There is no replays in the league cup and why is it not a meaningful competition we have won 1 trophy in 35 years I hope we go for every trophy and so we should with the size of our squad.
Ah yeah no replays, well spotted! Still, I know what you mean - the more sliverware the better. I think in the past cup runs have stretched us and we have suffered, so that's where the reaction comes from. Still, I'd be happy for a minimum 50% youth set-up to be given the nod and accept the possible consequences, but looking at the initial draw there will be some big teams out by the next round for sure. Maybe this is the easier competition to win this year then?

No competition is meaningless for us.

We have the squad to compete in all four.

Only United squad is anywhere near as strong.

I wouldsay Liverpool will take it seriously though as they will want a trophy this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.