Birmingham Carling Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
mr t said:
Remember West Brom last year - very dangerous to presume thr game will be a walk in the park for us.

I remember it, hence my strong-ish team comment. Our team against West Brom wasn't even strong-ish, it was a joke as Mancini didn't want to risk any top players before the weekend Chelsea game and played nearly an entire EDS lineup + RSC and maybe Johnson.

I remember that well. It was a bunch of EDS and fringe players going to the slaughter.

Birmingham may have sold some players but it's still a starting 11 of mostly EPL caliber players. We should mix in 3 EDS players with some senior players. Also we can give Hargreaves his first match.

mr t said:
chesterbells said:
LoveCity said:
I remember it, hence my strong-ish team comment. Our team against West Brom wasn't even strong-ish, it was a joke as Mancini didn't want to risk any top players before the weekend Chelsea game and played nearly an entire EDS lineup + RSC and maybe Johnson.

TBH, I don't really remember it , no. Probably cos it was eclipsed by winning the FA cup and finishing 3rd.
Play the eds/squad players, absolutely.
You should have been there - then you'd have remembered it. A wet windy Wednesday in September - we led 1 - 0 at half time with a Jo goal and they scored 2 quick goals in succession in the 2nd half to beat us 2 - 1. We were all stunned - we thought we'd walk it as did Mancini who was clearly shaken in his post match interview.

Anyway that game and the final result probably had a lot to do with the fact that Mancini did not make the same mistake of fielding a weakened side in the FA Cup

I take your point mate, and to be honest, I didnt make the trip like you did.
I just feel strongly that doing anything which has the slightest chance of putting in jeopardy by even 1% our chances in the other 3 comps would be wrong.
Even more so after the start we've made this season, I just want us to aim so much higher.

One thing is for sure, ticket prices for this game should be ridiculously low.

I'm talking quid a kid. Adults for £5. Just get as many people in for as little as possible.

Blue Haze said:
LoveCity said:
mr t said:
Remember West Brom last year - very dangerous to presume thr game will be a walk in the park for us.

I remember that well. It was a bunch of EDS and fringe players going to the slaughter.

Birmingham may have sold some players but it's still a starting 11 of mostly EPL caliber players. We should mix in 3 EDS players with some senior players. Also we can give Hargreaves his first match.

he's allegedly fit but hasn't had a pre-season. Zero chance Hargreaves plays in this fixture.

Hargreaves will play very little for a while I guess, just like Michael Johnson at Leicester who has about 45 minutes of football to his name since going on loan. I was stunned when United played Hargreaves against Wolves last season without a minute in the reserves, then he hobbled off after 10 minutes again.

Andouble said:
Blue Haze said:
LoveCity said:

he's allegedly fit but hasn't had a pre-season. Zero chance Hargreaves plays in this fixture.

You're probably right. I just can't think of any other low risk match for him to feature. Every other match for the foreseeable future is important.

n_mcfc said:
One thing is for sure, ticket prices for this game should be ridiculously low.

I'm talking quid a kid. Adults for £5. Just get as many people in for as little as possible.

You'd hope so...

Is the league cup one of those competitions where the away side has to agree ticket prices too? Given Brum's dodgy finances they might not go for it being too cheap though.

So might be the £15 upper limit maybe?

Hi, i have just purchased some tickets for the city v birmingham match. this will be my first match experience at the etihad stadium and just wanted to ask a few questions if you could help me.

a couple weeks back i ordered my blue membership, should i receive a card? when ordering the tickets this evening i changed my option to paper ticket as i wasnt sure. how long do tickets normally take to arrive via post?

also where is the best place to park as i am not sure?

any response would be most appreciative

thanks

andrew

chesterbells said:
mr t said:
chesterbells said:
TBH, I don't really remember it , no. Probably cos it was eclipsed by winning the FA cup and finishing 3rd.
Play the eds/squad players, absolutely.
You should have been there - then you'd have remembered it. A wet windy Wednesday in September - we led 1 - 0 at half time with a Jo goal and they scored 2 quick goals in succession in the 2nd half to beat us 2 - 1. We were all stunned - we thought we'd walk it as did Mancini who was clearly shaken in his post match interview.

Anyway that game and the final result probably had a lot to do with the fact that Mancini did not make the same mistake of fielding a weakened side in the FA Cup

I take your point mate, and to be honest, I didnt make the trip like you did.
I just feel strongly that doing anything which has the slightest chance of putting in jeopardy by even 1% our chances in the other 3 comps would be wrong.
Even more so after the start we've made this season, I just want us to aim so much higher.

Last year was different. We shouldn't have even tried competing in the three cups we tried to compete in (we got extremely lucky to get 3rd and arguably lucky to get top 4). Bobby played the league cup perfectly last year. Gave it away and beat Chelsea the following weekend. This year we have the depth to compete in all four competitions. Send out a slightly weaker team than the one we just sent out against Wigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.