Birmingham Carling Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want the tie thrown away. If we go with the stiffs then we stay with the stiffs as The Arse always use to do, and as MANUre used to do until they had us in the semi and then their kids had a 7.30pm bedtime. It's the perfect opportunity to give it a go!

Brum will have no players left to face us at this rate, Jerome and Dann gone today, maybe Ridgewell too? They've been picked clean, it'll be fun if we field a strong-ish team, like lambs to the slaughter. :)

Remember West Brom last year - very dangerous to presume thr game will be a walk in the park for us.

mr t said:
Remember West Brom last year - very dangerous to presume thr game will be a walk in the park for us.

I remember it, hence my strong-ish team comment. Our team against West Brom wasn't even strong-ish, it was a joke as Mancini didn't want to risk any top players before the weekend Chelsea game and played nearly an entire EDS lineup + RSC and maybe Johnson.

LoveCity said:
mr t said:

I remember it, hence my strong-ish team comment. Our team against West Brom wasn't even strong-ish, it was a joke as Mancini didn't want to risk any top players before the weekend Chelsea game and played nearly an entire EDS lineup + RSC and maybe Johnson.

TBH, I don't really remember it , no. Probably cos it was eclipsed by winning the FA cup and finishing 3rd.
Play the eds/squad players, absolutely.

chesterbells said:
LoveCity said:
mr t said:

TBH, I don't really remember it , no. Probably cos it was eclipsed by winning the FA cup and finishing 3rd.
Play the eds/squad players, absolutely.
You should have been there - then you'd have remembered it. A wet windy Wednesday in September - we led 1 - 0 at half time with a Jo goal and they scored 2 quick goals in succession in the 2nd half to beat us 2 - 1. We were all stunned - we thought we'd walk it as did Mancini who was clearly shaken in his post match interview.

Anyway that game and the final result probably had a lot to do with the fact that Mancini did not make the same mistake of fielding a weakened side in the FA Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.