blackburn sells, west ham doesn't

Davs 19 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Davs 19 said:
Yep. Won't alienate the loyal, paying customer in any way shape or form.

Remember Salford RL going down this line. Worked a treat.

Brilliant and original strategy. Well done to all involved.
I am definitely detecting no sarcasm in this post.

Perceptive as ever GDM.

When things are a bit quiet in the carpet game, I think Bill should supply and fit a few free wool double twists.......customers of the future after all ;.)

wash your mouth out.

de niro said:
Davs 19 said:
de niro said:
good on em. future fans in the making.

so what do we do? launch 20,000 tickets in the bin. why not give people a chance to come and watch quality players, let them see what they could be missing week in and week out. ok the ticket maybe free but they'll buy a pie or a beer etc. better still if the poor buggers couldn't afford to go but do so cos of this gesture. a blue is a blue.

The real fans will buy tickets anyway - in the next couple of years we'll have a bigger stadium to sell out so I see it as a positive as I assume the intention is that some who are there tonight will come back again. And it helps the atmosphere which must be beneficial for the team.

I was thinking about going tonight but by the time I've walked to the ground, it would be cutting it too fine to get a ticket sorted out now.

Some people might think I'm taking the piss but the club should work on an App for people with Citycards to buy tickets instantly - if they had something like that, I'd be on my way now.

Davs 19 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Davs 19 said:

I am definitely detecting no sarcasm in this post.

Perceptive as ever GDM.

When things are a bit quiet in the carpet game, I think Bill should supply and fit a few free wool double twists.......customers of the future after all ;.)
I'm more of a shagpile man, myself.

de niro said:
Davs 19 said:
de niro said:
good on em. future fans in the making.

so what do we do? launch 20,000 tickets in the bin. why not give people a chance to come and watch quality players, let them see what they could be missing week in and week out. ok the ticket maybe free but they'll buy a pie or a beer etc. better still if the poor buggers couldn't afford to go but do so cos of this gesture. a blue is a blue.

You could price the game better in the first price.

Many people who might have gone would have been put off by the price in the first place.

FWIW I have no problem with the club setting aside cheap or free tickets to those in need. But not sure our cheaper tickets are going to the neediest.

well done all those that were able to turn up tonight, awful conditions and we are all feeling the pinch. there was a late run on tickets and most will be glad they bought one, shame it wasn't full, but the expense over Christmas etc means it was understandable

40,000 according to the OS. No chance, unless many bought tickets but didn't show. Turnout looked worse than CSKA and Plzen to me, which were around 38,000. I'd hazard a guess of 33,000 or so. Horrible conditions, so credit to every Blue who turned up tonight. I certainly got my £29 worth!

LoveCity said:
40,000 according to the OS. No chance, unless many bought tickets but didn't show. Turnout looked worse than CSKA and Plzen to me, which were around 38,000. I'd hazard a guess of 33,000 or so. Horrible conditions, so credit to every Blue who turned up tonight. I certainly got my £29 worth!

Yep, that was the best £29 I've spent for a while!

You reckon there were 15k empty seats? No way. That would be an entirely empty North and South Stand.

38k sounds reasonable, At least 3/4 full

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.