Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

BlueMoonoverUS said:
shemnel said:
jared said:
Surely a rag or a wum

why surely?

Because Dzeko played better than most of the team. Milner had a few bad passes but at least he tried like always.

Milner is really baffling. Against Munich he looks like one of the best players that English football has produced. Today he was awful, only just behind Boyota, Lescott and Garcia for the worst player on the pitch award. No wonder we don't seem to rushing out a new contract for him to sign because he must be sending confusing signals to Pellegrini.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:48 pm --<br /><br />
bearcityblu said:
Typical FA cup tie on an away ground. Blackburn were right up for it and deserved a draw. We're still in the Cup and should take care of them of them in the replay. Think however we need cover at right back as we miss Zab there when he is injured or rested. if we can't get Micah fit i think we need to buy someone, Boyata not a solution as proved today.

And because Micah is never fit it causes us these sorts of problems. We have got away with Clichy at right back and Boyota twice but if Micah can't get fit now for the rest of this season and start to show some form then we have to get rid of him and get someone more reliable in.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
SrilankanBlue said:
@Dedryck_Boyata 8m
No excuses for that. One word STUPID. Sorry.

Nice lad but not good enough for the level we are now at

100%. Should still be able to carve out a decent career at a lower level though

Re: "Squad Players" not doing enough.

yep your right there,didnt seem to want to up the pace/tempo which is such a shame as if we could of got 2/3 up we might have seen lopes play again, which i think we all want to see but he was denied due to the level of performance.on another note as i didnt go today but watched it on tv im sure i heard owen say when zabbers came on "and manchester united make their final sub" or words close to that.but after going to motorhead concerts for the last 35 years i may have heard wrong lol.

Re: dont judge players on today

M24 Citizen said:
Clichy looks half the player he was.

Kolarov streets ahead at the moment.

Sorry to single anyone out, but I have to agree with that. Cliche used to be ok defensively and quite effective going forward. But for the past god knows how long, he's been utter shite in every department. He is useless going forward and can't defend for toffee. I am no fan of Kolarov - in fact I think he is tripe - but he is simply miles better than Clichy right now. And when we played him at right back? Good God I am trying my best to forget that.

Pretty dismal team performance again today.

Seems we have a core of star players Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Hart. And a bunch of squad players or also rans, when 4 of the 5 stars don't start, this happens.

And how many "points" have we dropped now from winning positions? Am I right in thinking we have lead in all our away games apart from Chelsea, and still been beaten 4 times.

lmjones1uk said:
So next season squad players:

Out: Boyata, Lescott, Barry, Sinclair, Garcia

In/promoted: Rekik, Lopes, Zuculini

Zuculini ought to be able to grow into the Fernandinho role according to reports.

We need another Right footed centre back.

Also think we need another box to box midfielder.

Will Lopes and Rekik count as home grown next season?
as u21s they're automatically counted and they'll be 3 years in England when they hit 21 so they'll be homegrown.

lmjones1uk said:

Zuculini ought to be able to grow into the Fernandinho role according to reports.

Dzeko, Milner, Richards, Kolorov and Nasri have all only got 18m left on their contracts so there may be more exits than you think.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
lmjones1uk said:

Dzeko, Milner, Richards, Kolorov and Nasri have all only got 18m left on their contracts so there may be more exits than you think.
nasri signed an extension before the arsenal game and kolarov is negotiating with the club I hear, don't know about jimmy but imo he should stay.

Re: dont judge players on today

Chippy_boy said:
M24 Citizen said:
Clichy looks half the player he was.

Kolarov streets ahead at the moment.

Sorry to single anyone out, but I have to agree with that. Cliche used to be ok defensively and quite effective going forward. But for the past god knows how long, he's been utter shite in every department. He is useless going forward and can't defend for toffee. I am no fan of Kolarov - in fact I think he is tripe - but he is simply miles better than Clichy right now. And when we played him at right back? Good God I am trying my best to forget that.

Pretty dismal team performance again today.

Seems we have a core of star players Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany, Hart. And a bunch of squad players or also rans, when 4 of the 5 stars don't start, this happens.

And how many "points" have we dropped now from winning positions? Am I right in thinking we have lead in all our away games apart from Chelsea, and still been beaten 4 times.
Add Nasri and Fenandinho and Zabaleta and you start to have a point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.