Blackburn v City Post Match Thread

Prestwich_Blue said:
robsta said:
Thought it was very sporting of our fans to give Paul Robinson that reception when he approached our end for the 2nd half.
It was and he clearly appreciated it.

A great keeper - Injury-free, he would have kept the pressure on Joe for the England No1 shirt. Ruddy, Foster, etc aren't in the same class as Joe and PR.

Re: "Squad Players" not doing enough.

Squad players that are not first choice regulars should be entirely focused on achieving a first choice place, with desire effort and achievement. I don't see that in certain players in this squad, in any way. If they are not fully self motivated they should be shown the door. It's that simple.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
DESIRE thats all thats lacking. Lower teams when they play the likes of City have it in abundance. Why can't we?

I'm sure their fans say the same after Blackburn put in an uninspired performance against lower teams, and that's what your team has to deal with week in week out.

Thought Pants had a superb game today.

His dominance in the air was excellent. He seemed to be in the right position to catch everything. Ok, the goal conceded wasn't great but he was perfectly positioned to parry that rocket header from what..2 yards?

Also, his distribution was first class. lovely flowing throws to start the attacks or calmness in holding back before a nice roll out to the defender.

Finally, although our team performance was below par, I get the feeling the defence seems more comfortable with Pants in the goal. Don't remember him having to make too many saves from Blackburn strikes in front of goal.

Ok.. I'm still not convinced about the big games and his relationship with the back four there as he hasn't played in any of these big games (bar Arsenal which each of the three Arsenal goals were exceptional and no fault of Pants), but i think a lot of posters have been unkind in his performance or not trusting of him. On footballing terms, really don't know why posters don't like him.

brandyzee said:
Thought Pants had a superb game today.

His dominance in the air was excellent. He seemed to be in the right position to catch everything. Ok, the goal conceded wasn't great but he was perfectly positioned to parry that rocket header from what..2 yards?

Also, his distribution was first class. lovely flowing throws to start the attacks or calmness in holding back before a nice roll out to the defender.

Finally, although our team performance was below par, I get the feeling the defence seems more comfortable with Pants in the goal. Don't remember him having to make too many saves from Blackburn strikes in front of goal.

Ok.. I'm still not convinced about the big games and his relationship with the back four there as he hasn't played in any of these big games (bar Arsenal which each of the three Arsenal goals were exceptional and no fault of Pants), but i think a lot of posters have been unkind in his performance or not trusting of him. On footballing terms, really don't know why posters don't like him.

I don't not like him, but he cost us today for the goal. Robinson had the better game.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
aguero93:20 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Dzeko, Milner, Richards, Kolorov and Nasri have all only got 18m left on their contracts so there may be more exits than you think.
nasri signed an extension before the arsenal game and kolarov is negotiating with the club I hear, don't know about jimmy but imo he should stay.

When was that confirmed?
can't remember exactly but check the os, think about the same time as he did his "im happy" interview.

Our squad players (which is all of them) are doing okay so far.

Prestwich Blue , not sure what you are trying to say ?
I am disappointed with some of the negative comments I am hearing from some of our new supporters. .
At the moment we are living in a dream , this is the best football most of us will experience in our lifetimes .

blueste41 said:
Blue Haze said:
Boyata
Milner
Garcia

All shit today.

Pantilimon cost us big, Joe plays in the replay.

The sicknotes are really costing us now. Our squad is visibly tiring and Richards, Jovetic and Rodwell are nowhere to be found when needed.

Milner!!!! Arguably our BEST player.

Well i'm arguing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.