"Blackfishing"

No. It isn't a concept I agree with because it is historically illiterate. Throughout history people have nicked bits of culture off other people and made them their one, they try and bring this shit into food FFS!

If I wanted to try an authentic Chinese cuisine I would definitely go to a restaurant that was ostensibly run and owned by Chinese people but nobody has a monopoly on a certain kind of food. If people want to make a fusion style or have lived overseas and want to try out a business with a food they liked, it is fair game.

Restaurants adapt to the predominant tastes of their host culture, I went to Brazilian/Japanese style sushi chain restaurant in milan, very little spice- because Italians don't tend to use a lot of spice and don't have tolerance.
That misses the point, in this case and others i have read people are pretending to change their skin colour by tanning and changing hair and speech

it isn't, that's why you're struggling. Unless you've got a personal brand that needs some oxygen because your talents don't suffice then you need to bang the drum for attention and validation.
I'm not struggling. I understand the need to "distance" and forge a new identity away from a band.
What I'm struggling with is the need to do the girl "down" and find it offensive.
Many cultures have crossovers. I was a big Specials fan and this is what they did brilliantly.

That misses the point, in this case and others i have read people are pretending to change their skin colour by tanning and changing hair and speech
But black singers have done that for years.
Why is this different?

No. It isn't a concept I agree with because it is historically illiterate. Throughout history people have nicked bits of culture off other people and made them their one, they try and bring this shit into food FFS!

If I wanted to try an authentic Chinese cuisine I would definitely go to a restaurant that was ostensibly run and owned by Chinese people but nobody has a monopoly on a certain kind of food. If people want to make a fusion style or have lived overseas and want to try out a business with a food they liked, it is fair game.

Restaurants adapt to the predominant tastes of their host culture, I went to Brazilian/Japanese style sushi chain restaurant in milan, very little spice- because Italians don't tend to use a lot of spice and don't have tolerance.
Correct mate. It's getting to the point were any admiration or imitation is met with hostility. I'm convinced, along with the gender issue, that the well meaning tolerant voices in society are being highjacked by the right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.