Blackpool hotel

Never understand the hate for Blackpool. OK, I only go there and St Annes and Fleetwood for a couple of day trips each year but I love the pubs, the street art, the life, the tat.

Great craft beer scene emerging last few years, and they've just opened a street food place (Abingdon Street) I get good reports on.

And it's not 45 degrees there, big bonus.

Things that are guaranteed in Blackpool:
Shit weather
Shit in the sea
People with very few teeth selling shit
Pissed up people in The Manchester causing shit
Shit in general
Overpriced shit.

The day Blackpool and it’s shit is wiped off the map will be a day of great celebration.

Take them somewhere else.
don forget the scousers and sweaties……

Looking to get away for a weekend.
Going to the Sand Castle/Tower etc with the girls.

Does anybody know of a decent hotel which has entertainment in the evening?

Tried to find “Sunshine Indoors Hotel” off Phoenix nights but it must have closed ;-)
A lot of the "turn" hotels such as the Lyndene and the Queens are par for the course. The Cliffs and Clairmont are kid friendly and have a good variety of acts with reasonable bar prices.

The problem with this time of year is their insane pricing, with most going into "ambitious mode". It's Blackpool not the Cote d'Azure, so maybe worth trying for a few non musical hotels and just walk in off the street, as all are welcome.

The Travelodge on Seasiders Way has just had a massive revamp with full room refurbishment, new hypnosis beds with snug quilts, Egyptian cotton sheets and comfy pillows, however we found the Travelodge on the prom near the Velvet coaster and sandcastle wasn't as nice. Up the North end the Garnet bed and breakfast never fails to please, with sensible pricing even at weekend. Its reeks of value and is handy for the town Centre.

A tram ride a few blocks up and north of the Cliffs have a cabaret night at Uncle Toms showboat, with Reece Oliver and the gang . The cabaret entertainment inside is at least on par with Circe De Soleil, a nice atmosphere too with velvet crushed seating.

Uncle Toms Cabin Showboat

We're doing St Annes on Sunday with a full 2 bedroom suite and corner bath jackusi for only £51 for us both, so deals are out there. We'll just walk in on The Inn On The Prom or maybe St Ives for some late night music after a romantic evening meal in the Trawl Boat Inn

Last edited:
A lot of the "turn" hotels such as the Lyndene and the Queens are par for the course. The Cliffs and Clairmont are kid friendly and have a good variety of acts with reasonable bar prices.

The problem with this time of year is their insane pricing, with most going into "ambitious mode". It's Blackpool not the Cote d'Azure, so maybe worth trying for a few non musical hotels and just walk in off the street, as all are welcome.

The Travelodge on Seasiders Way has just had a massive revamp with full room refurbishment, new hypnosis beds with snug quilts, Egyptian cotton sheets and comfy pillows, however we found the Travelodge on the prom near the Velvet coaster and sandcastle wasn't as nice. Up the North end the Garnet bed and breakfast never fails to please, with sensible pricing even at weekend. Its reeks of value and is handy for the town Centre.

A tram ride a few blocks up and north of the Cliffs have a cabaret night at Uncle Toms showboat, with Reece Oliver and the gang . The cabaret entertainment inside is at least on par with Circe De Soleil, a nice atmosphere too with velvet crushed seating.

Uncle Toms Cabin Showboat

We're doing St Annes on Sunday with a full 2 bedroom suite and corner bath jackusi for only £51 for us both, so deals are out there. We'll just walk in on The Inn On The Prom or maybe St Ives for some late night music after a romantic evening meal in the Trawl Boat Inn

Brilliant. Thank you for your advice

Definitely stop in St Anne's if you can and want somewhere a bit quieter, it's actually a nice pleasant place at night, some decent little bars/pubs and places to eat, Blackpool is what it is, I love and hate it in equal measures, I work a lot of nights with my job and encounter the pissed up idiots when I've got my head stuck in a panel at the side of the road and they are giving me shit but then I'm there with the lads from work tommorow for a day session and darts tommorow night so it works both ways! Loads for the kids to do as well, hope you find somewhere decent enough.

Had a brilliant Chinese in Michael Wans Mandarin a few weeks ago with the Mrs when we went to watch Jimmy Carr, The Bank is also a favourite of ours food wise.

Never understand the hate for Blackpool. OK, I only go there and St Annes and Fleetwood for a couple of day trips each year but I love the pubs, the street art, the life, the tat.

Great craft beer scene emerging last few years, and they've just opened a street food place (Abingdon Street) I get good reports on.

And it's not 45 degrees there, big bonus.
Went into Abingdon St last week, been open probably 2/3 weeks now, food was ok much better than MCR Xmas markets but around the same price.

They did have a good selection of ales, I know from your posts you like a good one.

Keep your eyes open for the next beer festival at The Venue in Cleveleys & bob into The Shipwreck while there too, they do a good selection all year round.

Keep clear of the real ale Winter Gardens festival...worst day out since we moved to Rossall early last summer.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.