Block 544

Stretford Born Blue said:
wrongend said:
I was one of the Sunderland supporters in the City end.

I'm terribly sorry it happened at all, and I did have words with everyone I knew going in the City end to sit down, shut up, and for god's sake don't wear any colours. Some thought they'd be alright, and how some of them got in I don't know. A few were rejected at the turnstiles, but some got in.

The thing with me, and at least 35 others, were that we purchased from a tout with the impression they'd be in the neutral end. We got the tickets upon arriving in London on the Saturday and everyone of us were gutted. But we'd already traveled far and spent a lot of money, so not going wasn't really an option. The people celebrating Borini's goal were stupid, clear and simple, and deserved to be chucked out. Nasty scenes by all means, and ruined a lot of peoples experience. I was sat with two others and we stayed until the end, but only an arms length from the others in 543 getting thrown out.

Like I said, very sorry and not at all how we wanted things to happen. If someone wants my ticket details to report it to your club I'll find it.

So where did the tout get the tickets my friend, was it a City tout, if so, bang out of order....?!

I wasn't the one placing the order so to speak, other lad sorted that. I have no idea where the tickets originated. But I know that they were all in blocks except one I think. The bellend in the jester hat got his ticket from the same place, as did the ones on the other side of the stairs where it got a bit nastier. All in all 38 tickets after looking at the small tidbit of info I got in the mail.

jimharri said:
Fucking stinks that blue members like myself couldn't get a ticket, yet Mackems got hold of City tickets.

Agreed. Fucking wrong that...

One reason the sunderland fans got in the city end I suspect is because tickets for Wembley are readily available on football ticket websites if you are willing to pay the money, obviously city fans didn`t snap em up as they are usually 4-5 times the original price.I bought two for the semi against united and stipulated I wanted the city end which I did get.Maybe sunderland fans bought them early before the decision on which end we was having was made,or they didn`t stipulate they wanted Sunderland end

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
northstander said:
how many tickets did bobby " the tout " charlton get ?
I heard he had quite a few allocated to Block 544. Good to see normal service resume so quickly!

Seems more likely we have our own Bobby Charlton......

I'm not buying this ticket agency shite. Ticket agencies don't just get given tickets slap bang in the middle of our end. They may get a few on the sides which are not part of the main allocation but right in the middle of 15000 city fans.....no chance.

This is an inside job.

I was in block 529 and my daughter was in block 541 we both witnessed some ugly scenes. Can you imagine my concern leaving my daughter on her own . She said city fans had hit a Sunderland fan blood everywhere. What. A shame it takes the gloss of the fantastic football being played. I too was disappointed with the lack of experienced stewards, lack of police, YHE chelsea semi had loads of police everywhere.
Puts me off abit for any future finals.

The women stewards near me in 539 were just like little giggling schoolgirls for most of the game. Around the 70 min mark, their supervisor came over and gave them a ticking off and ordered them back to their stations as they were just stood round watching the match and talking.

I was in 544 and just across the aisle from where the trouble with the celebrating Sunderland fans broke out. Stewards next to us just stood and watched - my mate and I went to ask them to go and help sort things out, they refused saying it wasn't their responsibility. On their backs in large letters were the words 'SAFETY STEWARD.' They may as well have had the words 'USHER' on their backs and got the ice creams out to sell. This was a nasty situation with the potential for fans to have fallen onto people below - including children - causing injury. A friend I took to the Shield match against the Rags had 2 ribs broken by drunk celebrating Blues falling onto her when City scored. Even when their supervisor arrived he just looked over at the brawling and went away.
This complete lack of concern towards the people they were paid to protect was appalling - still, let's hope they enjoyed the match.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
northstander said:
how many tickets did bobby " the tout " charlton get ?
I heard he had quite a few allocated to Block 544. Good to see normal service resume so quickly!

Seems more likely we have our own Bobby Charlton......

I'm not buying this ticket agency shite. Ticket agencies don't just get given tickets slap bang in the middle of our end. They may get a few on the sides which are not part of the main allocation but right in the middle of 15000 city fans.....no chance.

This is an inside job.

couldnt agree more, a batch of seats (or rather more than one batch) has been taken at random from citys allocation the end result is they have then been passed on to a 3rd party ticket sales and sold for massive profit it could be the ticket office staff down to a player it could be anyone its not right for the paying supporter esp the ones who had the shutters pulled down on them while in the que, so along come some sunderland fans they get told there in a neutral section for both sets of fans and this is why they have colours on

I'm shocked that people expect the stewards on minimum wage to steam in between a bunch of boozed-up herberts. I know I wouldn't move a muscle.

Mike N said:
I'm shocked that people expect the stewards on minimum wage to steam in between a bunch of boozed-up herberts. I know I wouldn't move a muscle.

Really? Good job we have fellow Blues who will step then the eh? Why should we expect them to do their job Ffs? They are stewards at THE major sporting Venue in the UK. It's like joining the Army and then shouting " some Fucker just shot at me I'm out of here!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.