Block 544

From Tripadvisor London Forum:

6. Re: Football Tickets
today, 12:15

William hill bought 2 tickets through football ticket net for my husband and myself for the capital one cup final sunderland/man city ,stipulating we were sunderland supporters .Tickets came at the last minute and we were seated right in the middle of the man city supporters . this is pure greed on there behalf and very dangerous for us. We attended the game but had to leave at half time purely for our own safety as the some man city fans are like animals to some of the other sunderland fans found in the same situation as us . I hope this company goes out of business as they are putting peoples lives in danger out of sheer greed . SHAME ON YOU FOOTBALL TICKETNET

Como Cat said:
From Tripadvisor London Forum:

6. Re: Football Tickets
today, 12:15

William hill bought 2 tickets through football ticket net for my husband and myself for the capital one cup final sunderland/man city ,stipulating we were sunderland supporters .Tickets came at the last minute and we were seated right in the middle of the man city supporters . this is pure greed on there behalf and very dangerous for us. We attended the game but had to leave at half time purely for our own safety as the some man city fans are like animals to some of the other sunderland fans found in the same situation as us . I hope this company goes out of business as they are putting peoples lives in danger out of sheer greed . SHAME ON YOU FOOTBALL TICKETNET

How much money do you have to lose before William Hill start buying you tickets for cup finals?

I can't be far off.

I was one of the Sunderland supporters in the City end.

I'm terribly sorry it happened at all, and I did have words with everyone I knew going in the City end to sit down, shut up, and for god's sake don't wear any colours. Some thought they'd be alright, and how some of them got in I don't know. A few were rejected at the turnstiles, but some got in.

The thing with me, and at least 35 others, were that we purchased from a tout with the impression they'd be in the neutral end. We got the tickets upon arriving in London on the Saturday and everyone of us were gutted. But we'd already traveled far and spent a lot of money, so not going wasn't really an option. The people celebrating Borini's goal were stupid, clear and simple, and deserved to be chucked out. Nasty scenes by all means, and ruined a lot of peoples experience. I was sat with two others and we stayed until the end, but only an arms length from the others in 543 getting thrown out.

Like I said, very sorry and not at all how we wanted things to happen. If someone wants my ticket details to report it to your club I'll find it.

The club has a policy in place for big European games by which they purposely divert home end tickets away from blues and towards away fans and neutrals.

The stewards are told to let away fans openly support the away team at these European games.

Many people on here thought that was fair enough and it is all a jolly jape when away fans and neutrals are given tickets meant for City fans when it was discussed on here. Why the difference now? Both situations are bang out of order but at least the Wembly situation is probably not a result of a deliberate, sanctioned club policy.

Lots of negative stories here so maybe it's worth posting a positive one. We were in block 549 and there were clearly a fair few Sunderland in the row in front. One lad in particular with a pinkish coat on and a baseball hat went mental when Borini scored for them. When the trouble started all the other Sunderland just disappeared but this lad stood his ground. More than that he started having a laugh with the City around him and very quickly the tension disintegrated. When we got the two quick goals he turned round and immediately shook hands with me and my mate even though there was a good fifty or co City pointing at him with abuse.

By the end the situation was top class and there were several of our lot climbing over seats to shake the lad's hand. When he walked out after clapping his team off the pitch, he turned round to the entire row and said, "Enjoy this lads, you deserve it. The next time I'll be here I'll be dead!

wrongend said:

I'm terribly sorry it happened at all, and I did have words with everyone I knew going in the City end to sit down, shut up, and for god's sake don't wear any colours. Some thought they'd be alright, and how some of them got in I don't know. A few were rejected at the turnstiles, but some got in.

The thing with me, and at least 35 others, were that we purchased from a tout with the impression they'd be in the neutral end. We got the tickets upon arriving in London on the Saturday and everyone of us were gutted. But we'd already traveled far and spent a lot of money, so not going wasn't really an option. The people celebrating Borini's goal were stupid, clear and simple, and deserved to be chucked out. Nasty scenes by all means, and ruined a lot of peoples experience. I was sat with two others and we stayed until the end, but only an arms length from the others in 543 getting thrown out.

Like I said, very sorry and not at all how we wanted things to happen. If someone wants my ticket details to report it to your club I'll find it.

So where did the tout get the tickets my friend, was it a City tout, if so, bang out of order....?!

wrongend said:

Didn't see any of the action going on yesterday as I was on the back rows of 146 under the roof bit but you've nothing to apologise for. The vast vast majority of your fans were a credit to your club and every club, especially ones as well supported as yours and ours, will have some knobs who go over the top, especially for a Wembley occasion when everyone's on the beer. Thank you for making it a great day.

wrongend said:

Nothing stopping you passing the details to City yourself, however I expect the tickets came from a neutral source and not City, but write to the club and explain it.

I'll be doing much the same next week in Barcelona if I can get in, but I'll keep my mouth shut, and wear no colours, I know its not easy but if you are that desperate to see the game that you'll pay over the odds for it, why would you then act the idiot and risk ejection, and losing your money ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.