Bloody Sunday: Soldier F faces murder charges

n this case one soldier has been charged and until I know the facts behind that decision and what makes this individual different to the other soldiers involved I am reserving judgement.
Easier for people to pass judgement in the cold light of day. People who lead these enquires have never faced an angry man in their life. If shots were fired from the crowd I think I too like most people including soldiers would react in that way. I don’t know what the evidence is against this particular soldier but without cctv etc it must be difficult to convict him.
IF and I want to put emphasis on the if as it's hearsay, the rumours are backed by evidence that this is the soldier that shot a man helping the wounded through the back of the head, I don't see how the inquiry could close without a charge.
We'll see what the actual evidence is when the trial happens.

IF and I want to put emphasis on the if as it's hearsay, the rumours are backed by evidence that this is the soldier that shot a man helping the wounded through the back of the head, I don't see how the inquiry could close without a charge.
We'll see what the actual evidence is when the trial happens.
If it is proven that he did such a despicable act then he deserves to be charged

If it is proven that he did such a despicable act then he deserves to be charged
Hence the emphasis on hearsay. Personally I'd rather see the process and officers that put them in there with live ammo examined but I'm after having that case pointed out to me by a lad from Derry and tbf even if only rumour that particular charge needs closure.

Easier for people to pass judgement in the cold light of day. People who lead these enquires have never faced an angry man in their life. If shots were fired from the crowd I think I too like most people including soldiers would react in that way. I don’t know what the evidence is against this particular soldier but without cctv etc it must be difficult to convict him.
Which makes you wonder all the more, why him and not the rest of them.

But the point is: no shots were fired from the crowd .

what if soldier F did commit a crime? Does the passage of time and the fact what he may have done he did wearing a uniform make him innocent? If an Irish terrorist suspect is put before a court is he/she guilty before a trial just because they may have been a member of a proscribed group?

How do you know that? I'd imagine what you state forms soldier F's defence - following orders.
If that is the case, well and good.
These are the details that people are trying to get to.
Do you think it’s about the foot soldier.
The Crown is on trial.
If you believe that that is not fair then you don’t understand why this has been pursued for decades and what the importance of the issue is.

what if soldier F did commit a crime? Does the passage of time and the fact what he may have done he did wearing a uniform make him innocent? If an Irish terrorist suspect is put before a court is he/she guilty before a trial just because they may have been a member of a proscribed group?
'just because'

You do make that sound all so innocent and fluffy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.