Blue Alliance Fans Survey - Improving The Atmosphere

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
Blue Apple said:
Ditch the shite music before the game and let the atmosphere build before kick off. The music after the QPR game when we won the league was awful. Fans need to be left to their own devices to create an atmosphere instead of being force fed shite from the worst disco in town.

Agree. Of course I felt so fantastic at the time I barely noticed it, but the more I think about the shit the club subjected us to after the QPR game the angrier I get. Did they really think that having just won the league for the first time in 44 years, we couldn't be trusted to sing our own songs and make our own noise?

Ditch all music before the match apart from just before players come on, don't play any music at half time, don't have that crap analysis from that bloke whatever his name is.

Most importantly, standing areas where you buy a ticket for a certain section but not a specific seat/place to stand. [And cheap tickets would be nice].

(The genie's out of the bottle as far as ticket prices go, and they're never going down in this country, only continuously up. But there's no reason why we can't at least have standing.)

Er...l doesn't the law prevent us having standing areas? Or is it FA regulations? Dunno which, but at the moment we can't have it.

stonerblue said:
mcfc-a-ok said:
Coordination is the key
It seems that swapping fans areas around is never gonna happen
But if there was some way of getting the two sets of singing sections starting the same chant/song at the same time then more people would join in and it would last longer
But also within the two sections more than one part needs to start at the same time for example where I stand/sit at the top middle of 117 if we start a song going by the time it starts to catch on another song is being started at the other end of the the section or at the bottom of the stand its a rare thing that happens once or twice a game were everyone is singing the same and it's usually blue moon after an home goal were not really here in response to a good bit of play that came to nothing or we were here when we were shit in response to stupid ignorant away fans
Sorry if this is not making sense but it is Sunday morning !
So in conclusion if we could get a set of individuals at the top and bottom of a section in more than one block in both sets of singing sections starting the same chant/song at the same time we could be on a winner
Coordination is key !

And the easiest way to coordinate the fans to start singing ....... The score board , if the fans starting the songs know the order of play so to speak and a rough time then say at 5mins into the game an invisible man flashed onto the screen of you go ! Maybe it's a crap idea but its gotta be a start some one build on this please, I need paracetamol and breakfast :)

I see a huge flaw in your plan.

Do you? Can't see it myself !

Tueart's scissors said:
stonerblue said:
mcfc-a-ok said:
Coordination is the key
It seems that swapping fans areas around is never gonna happen
But if there was some way of getting the two sets of singing sections starting the same chant/song at the same time then more people would join in and it would last longer
But also within the two sections more than one part needs to start at the same time for example where I stand/sit at the top middle of 117 if we start a song going by the time it starts to catch on another song is being started at the other end of the the section or at the bottom of the stand its a rare thing that happens once or twice a game were everyone is singing the same and it's usually blue moon after an home goal were not really here in response to a good bit of play that came to nothing or we were here when we were shit in response to stupid ignorant away fans
Sorry if this is not making sense but it is Sunday morning !
So in conclusion if we could get a set of individuals at the top and bottom of a section in more than one block in both sets of singing sections starting the same chant/song at the same time we could be on a winner
Coordination is key !

And the easiest way to coordinate the fans to start singing ....... The score board , if the fans starting the songs know the order of play so to speak and a rough time then say at 5mins into the game an invisible man flashed onto the screen of you go ! Maybe it's a crap idea but its gotta be a start some one build on this please, I need paracetamol and breakfast :)

whilst staring at the scoreboard, waiting for a little sign telling me to start singing, i'm missing the action on the pitch.

The easiest quick fix option would be to just swap the away fans with the city section in the south stand and we can have the kippax joining forces and not singing different songs.

stonerblue said:
Tueart's scissors said:
stonerblue said:

whilst staring at the scoreboard, waiting for a little sign telling me to start singing, i'm missing the action on the pitch.

And when the invisible man appears, who is to know?

TBooksbluearmy said:
I very much doubt that the club could do anything this season by moving the away fans. However for the start of next season I would move them to the top tier opposite the Colin Bell Stand , so that both ends of the ground are full of our supporters.

This would have the effect of the away supporters being further away from their team plus maybe increasing the noise level from our own supporters inside the ground.

Which away ground give us the best seats in the ground?
I cant think of any, so why should we give visitors our best seats?
& that is before we think of the potential problems of having rags, toffees ect sitting above home fans, or access and exit problems

While cheaper tickets and making it easier for groups who aren't SC holders to sit together would obviously help it's unlikely they'll ever happen. Standing I do think we'll see but not for a while.

There's three really obvious things that need to be sorted and require no effort from the club.

1) People are in their position at least 15 mins before kick-off.
2) People don't leave with ten minutes left.
3) People don't leave early for half time and return five minutes into the second half.

It's all well and good saying the club should do x, y, and z but pre-match the atmosphere doesn't build up because there's nobody in the ground. What the club can and should be doing is asking why people go to their seats so late.

Obviously many people like a drink before the game and will be in the concourse/City Square/the pub until the last possible minute. The rules don't allow drinking in the stands so if someone is set on drinking then there's little we can do.

What the club needs to do, and I do believe it has tried to some extent, is to offer something inside the stadium that will attract people to their seats early. I don't really know what that is but what's currently on offer doesn't seem to be working. That said, once someone is in their seat the club stops making money off them. The club want people at the bars etc as long as possible.

I do think the music over the PA is so loud anyway that even if there was a group wanting to sing before the game they'd struggle to be heard. But if they don't have music would we be left with a deathly silence pre-match?

We do have quite a few songs but rarely do these last more than one or two verses. They tend to be sung once or twice and then we either go quiet or sing a different song. This means songs can't spread round the ground properly as by the time they reach the opposite end the original singers have moved on to something else. We need to persist with songs for longer.

We aren't the best for decent new songs but it seems to me the best way to get something established is to make use of Youtube. The Balotelli song took off after that video on the train from Blackburn away (0-1 Dzeko) a couple of years ago. Likewise Kolo/Yaya seems to have come from that final day video. I don't remember hearing that one at a home game before that video. Any group with a new song could do with having it videoed by someone and stuck on Youtube.

I'd like to see more interaction between the stands. When the Poznan was first taking off it was good when the SS would sing 'South Stand do the Poznan...' cue the South Stand doing it and subsequent chants of 'what the fucking he was that?' then 'shall we show you how it's done?' and the SS doing the Poznan. Large parts of the ground rarely start anything up of their own accord but with some prompting I do think they would be encouraged to make some noise. The South Stand and singing section need to lead the way here, not just to each other but the rest of the ground.

Any talk of moving the away fans requires long term planning and is unlikely to happen. What I will say though, is that people dismissing it on the basis of a couple of 'one end' experiments are being daft. When those experiments happened singers remained where they were and the gap was filled by people who either don't sing much or need a bit of time to settle in before they start making noise. If the club really want to see if it works they'd have to run it for two full seasons and then I do think we'd see a big improvement.

masterwig said:
While cheaper tickets and making it easier for groups who aren't SC holders to sit together would obviously help it's unlikely they'll ever happen. Standing I do think we'll see but not for a while.

There's three really obvious things that need to be sorted and require no effort from the club.

1) People are in their position at least 15 mins before kick-off.
2) People don't leave with ten minutes left.
3) People don't leave early for half time and return five minutes into the second half.

It's all well and good saying the club should do x, y, and z but pre-match the atmosphere doesn't build up because there's nobody in the ground. What the club can and should be doing is asking why people go to their seats so late.

Obviously many people like a drink before the game and will be in the concourse/City Square/the pub until the last possible minute. The rules don't allow drinking in the stands so if someone is set on drinking then there's little we can do.

What the club needs to do, and I do believe it has tried to some extent, is to offer something inside the stadium that will attract people to their seats early. I don't really know what that is but what's currently on offer doesn't seem to be working. That said, once someone is in their seat the club stops making money off them. The club want people at the bars etc as long as possible.

I do think the music over the PA is so loud anyway that even if there was a group wanting to sing before the game they'd struggle to be heard. But if they don't have music would we be left with a deathly silence pre-match?

We do have quite a few songs but rarely do these last more than one or two verses. They tend to be sung once or twice and then we either go quiet or sing a different song. This means songs can't spread round the ground properly as by the time they reach the opposite end the original singers have moved on to something else. We need to persist with songs for longer.

We aren't the best for decent new songs but it seems to me the best way to get something established is to make use of Youtube. The Balotelli song took off after that video on the train from Blackburn away (0-1 Dzeko) a couple of years ago. Likewise Kolo/Yaya seems to have come from that final day video. I don't remember hearing that one at a home game before that video. Any group with a new song could do with having it videoed by someone and stuck on Youtube.

I'd like to see more interaction between the stands. When the Poznan was first taking off it was good when the SS would sing 'South Stand do the Poznan...' cue the South Stand doing it and subsequent chants of 'what the fucking he was that?' then 'shall we show you how it's done?' and the SS doing the Poznan. Large parts of the ground rarely start anything up of their own accord but with some prompting I do think they would be encouraged to make some noise. The South Stand and singing section need to lead the way here, not just to each other but the rest of the ground.

Any talk of moving the away fans requires long term planning and is unlikely to happen. What I will say though, is that people dismissing it on the basis of a couple of 'one end' experiments are being daft. When those experiments happened singers remained where they were and the gap was filled by people who either don't sing much or need a bit of time to settle in before they start making noise. If the club really want to see if it works they'd have to run it for two full seasons and then I do think we'd see a big improvement.

some great points but yaya/kolo was going long before the video taken in "the bank" esp in south stand

Can't say I'd heard it from up in the gods. Anyway, the video certainly helped spread the chant.

law74 said:
stonerblue said:
Tueart's scissors said:

And when the invisible man appears, who is to know?

pissing myself

TBooksbluearmy said:
I very much doubt that the club could do anything this season by moving the away fans. However for the start of next season I would move them to the top tier opposite the Colin Bell Stand , so that both ends of the ground are full of our supporters.

This would have the effect of the away supporters being further away from their team plus maybe increasing the noise level from our own supporters inside the ground.

Which away ground give us the best seats in the ground?
I cant think of any, so why should we give visitors our best seats?
& that is before we think of the potential problems of having rags, toffees ect sitting above home fans, or access and exit problems

The Richard Wright song needs more of an airing, it's hilarious and catchy, could be this year's Balotelli song. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.