Blue Alliance Fans Survey - Improving The Atmosphere

Am i missing something here:- 30k at Maine Road 45k at Eastlands,we dont need Drums, Piped fucking Music or Loud Hailers.We just need everybody to sing their arses off it aint that difficult we just need to get the Passion back
after all we are Man City and surely the last 40 years has taught us its not about winning its about supporting the Boys in Blue.

Coordination is the key
It seems that swapping fans areas around is never gonna happen
But if there was some way of getting the two sets of singing sections starting the same chant/song at the same time then more people would join in and it would last longer
But also within the two sections more than one part needs to start at the same time for example where I stand/sit at the top middle of 117 if we start a song going by the time it starts to catch on another song is being started at the other end of the the section or at the bottom of the stand its a rare thing that happens once or twice a game were everyone is singing the same and it's usually blue moon after an home goal were not really here in response to a good bit of play that came to nothing or we were here when we were shit in response to stupid ignorant away fans
Sorry if this is not making sense but it is Sunday morning !
So in conclusion if we could get a set of individuals at the top and bottom of a section in more than one block in both sets of singing sections starting the same chant/song at the same time we could be on a winner
Coordination is key !

And the easiest way to coordinate the fans to start singing ....... The score board , if the fans starting the songs know the order of play so to speak and a rough time then say at 5mins into the game an invisible man flashed onto the screen of you go !

Maybe it's a crap idea but its gotta be a start some one build on this please, I need paracetamol and breakfast :)

mcfc-a-ok said:
Coordination is the key
It seems that swapping fans areas around is never gonna happen
But if there was some way of getting the two sets of singing sections starting the same chant/song at the same time then more people would join in and it would last longer
But also within the two sections more than one part needs to start at the same time for example where I stand/sit at the top middle of 117 if we start a song going by the time it starts to catch on another song is being started at the other end of the the section or at the bottom of the stand its a rare thing that happens once or twice a game were everyone is singing the same and it's usually blue moon after an home goal were not really here in response to a good bit of play that came to nothing or we were here when we were shit in response to stupid ignorant away fans
Sorry if this is not making sense but it is Sunday morning !
So in conclusion if we could get a set of individuals at the top and bottom of a section in more than one block in both sets of singing sections starting the same chant/song at the same time we could be on a winner
Coordination is key !

And the easiest way to coordinate the fans to start singing ....... The score board , if the fans starting the songs know the order of play so to speak and a rough time then say at 5mins into the game an invisible man flashed onto the screen of you go ! Maybe it's a crap idea but its gotta be a start some one build on this please, I need paracetamol and breakfast :)

I see a huge flaw in your plan.

I'm in 109 and always up for a good sing song, that's why i chose there when i had to move from the library silence of the North stand. I also chose there as i can stand all game but when i and others had to relocate, quite a lot did not realise it was a standing area and would constantly moan for those in front to sit down. Since then, most have relocated to quieter areas of the stadium where they can sit down undisturbed and therir moans can be heard to others.

What i can't understand is those in the 'singing sections' who never sing or contribute to making the atmosphere better. If you are one of them, do yourself and everyone a favour, and relocate to allow someone to take your place and improve the atmoshere further who is up for singing.

Forget drums, we should go back to basics and yesteryear of the airhorn. When we were at Maine road and got a corner, you'd hear someone in the Kippax or Northstand blast out to start the -

clap clap, clap clap clap, clap clap clap clap CITY!(and repeat)

Used to work everytime.

PLEASE STOP FOR GOWD'S SAKE! (stop shouting jrb)

The away fans won't be moved. The current layout seating/standing arrangements won't be changed.(until and if we expand the stadium)

We have to come up with a solution within the existing layout of the stadium/blocks.

I may have a solution. But just remember this.....

'you can’t please all of the people all of the time'

I'll post my idea/thoughts at some point over the coming days.

I very much doubt that the club could do anything this season by moving the away fans. However for the start of next season I would move them to the top tier opposite the Colin Bell Stand , so that both ends of the ground are full of our supporters.

This would have the effect of the away supporters being further away from their team plus maybe increasing the noise level from our own supporters inside the ground.

steve peel said:
Am i missing something here:- 30k at Maine Road 45k at Eastlands,we dont need Drums, Piped fucking Music or Loud Hailers.We just need everybody to sing their arses off it aint that difficult we just need to get the Passion back
after all we are Man City and surely the last 40 years has taught us its not about winning its about supporting the Boys in Blue.

That only happened once yesterday and it was after the second goal where the whole ground sang bluemoon. It sounded class from where I was but like I said it only happened once. Everyone's not just gonna get off their arses and start singing all of a sudden. Needs to be more organised than that somehow.

What about free beers and spirits if you turn up 3 hours before kick off. Should be nice and lively by kick off time.

The fan base has changed over the years from hardened football fans to 'entertainment' watchers.

I'm not saying one is better than the other - they're just different, but there's a much greater family atmosphere at most grounds than there ever used to be.

We've also become a little complacent - we expect to win, and get frustrated when we aren't doing so... to the point of the ground often going very quiet. The style of play is also not always conducive. Of course we play some exciting football, but we keep possession a lot and play a strong passing game that doesn't match the intensity of an end to end 'caution to the wind' approach.

The south stand and south east stands do a great job of getting the rest of the crowd going, but the majority of the rest of the stadium are unlikely to join in with the more 'choice language' chants. That's just the reality of a crowd with lots of kids and families in.

There is NOTHING like the feeling of a truly noisy stadium though, and that's what every City fan should be aiming for. It turns a good atmosphere into an electric one.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:16 pm --<br /><br />People should also sing for a bit longer... it takes time to go around the ground, and if the main instigators don't sing for long enough, it dies before it reaches full swell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.