Blue Alliance Fans Survey - Improving The Atmosphere

have read all 20 pages and heres mt yake for what its worth;

Is there a need for safe standing when fans stand anyway?

Get rid of the loud music for 1 game to see if fans can create their own atmosphere,or maybe turn it down.

Was the atmosphere at the Hamburg game where it was a fiver attract more vocal fans?

The SS and the singing section could do what foreign fans do whereby they sing at each other,ie Toure song.Schalke did this and they were at opposite ends of the ground! I think one end sang Schalke and the other end sang 04,sounded awesome.

Cheaper beer at the ground than at the pubs.Ground is half empty fifteen minutes before kick off.

My idea of how this would work:

Away fans moved to the top
The spot where the away fans normally are is filled by TBA and The Citizens.

problem solved

and yes I do realize its not problem solved due to this and that.

last season when we had the away fans moved to the top the atmosphere was shit because the fans that filled the gap where mostly away fans under cover, tourists and people who just couldn't speak English never mind sing a song.

If this could be done then that's my soloution.

wearethesouthstand said:
Loukas said:
wearethesouthstand said:
i got your email and that's great but firstly probably feed a resume of peoples views into the club tomorrow then see where we are

whyalwayste asked if tba would pop down to the eds

as i put in the dm to ste anyone who is trying to do something positive gets our best wishes, we've been criticised ourselves on here for years so the one thing we're not gonna do is criticise anyone else for showing some initiative

however get yourselves organised first - we're meeting on 27th before swansea at the waldorf, why not drop in. a lot of the leadership won't be there - 2 or 3 are away but there will be some issues to talk about, and you can see how we work and organise - it's 2 til 4 in the waldorf pub, introduce yourself to felix at the end and run though what you have organised

with all due respect, we're at a different level at the minute but that doesn't mean we wouldn't or couldn't work together at some point

we're an official branch of the MCFC supporters club, we take fans to all games home and away and in europe. we pay subscriptions to MCFC itself and we took 150 to newcastle, 150 to the comm shield, taking a coach to ajax, these things take organisation and lots of hard work, if you lot joined with us, you might find you could achieve your aims quicker because we could direct funding to projects from ourselves and via the club. we also have a lot of the hardcore singers within our ranks , the people who go everywhere so we have a group that know each other already through the away games built over years - if you go away games regularly you might find you know some of the faces.

we are growing at a rate where we would be able to implement a lot of things that everyone want to see happen. to make things happen it costs money, hundreds, thousands of pounds.

i would say you come and see us on the 27th, have a chat with fe and the boys, we can let our members know about the event on the 8th.

Ive Started groups on Facebook and Twitter named 'The Citizens' which would attempt to raise the atmosphere threw organised singing and chanting lead by a capo.... Thats possibly what WhyAlwaysSte was speaking about, he has really helped! There is around 400 people who like/follow the idea....

Just out of interest what do you think of this idea?

anyone who is passionate about improving the atmosphere deserves a pat on the back. you have to get organised then devise what you think you're about. you have to see if people want "a capo" with one guy at the front with a megaphone, if people are against that or a drum, then you need to think what else you can offer to improve the atmosphere.

what we're saying is we've already got an infrastructure, if you wanted to go it alone then drop in and see how we operate, logistically there's things you need to have in place.

How about a bugle call for the capo? I would think the sound would carry better than a single drum or a megaphone. Set up a simple call for each song. It worked to keep battles organized back in the day. They needed them to keep just a few thousand organized so it would only make sense to keep 40k organized. I think it would help to get more people involved and might be easier than relocating a large section of people, though I think that is a great idea. Then get a couple of volunteers from each section that can coordinate with their section. The more streamlined the process is the more successful.

Stretford Born Blue said:
Maine Road had a great atmosphere, even when all seater.

Maybe once or twice a season, the rest of the time it was quite poor (as bad as anything at Eastlands recently)

"Away fans moved to the top
The spot where the away fans normally are is filled by TBA and The Citizens.

problem solved

and yes I do realize its not problem solved due to this and that.

last season when we had the away fans moved to the top the atmosphere was shit because the fans that filled the gap where mostly away fans under cover, tourists and people who just couldn't speak English never mind sing a song. "

So where do the people that enjoy watching the games from there go?
Moving the away fans to east level three will just mean that those that sit and watch the football in level three will largely then want to sit in south level one to watch the game, meaning more pressure on the stewards to get the other sections sitting and further watering down of the atmosphere.

alberto0292 said:
here some ideas from an Italian and true Blue fan

1. good relationship and communication with the club
2. the club needs to understand the importance of an organized group of supporters, it might sound stupid but fans can be the 12th man very often
3. the club needs to understand that is also about £££ money, a group of fans like Blue Alliance can generate money (merchandise, scarfs, hats, flags, tickets, etc. etc.) and that is something that you guys might need to understand as well

Said that, the club - stadium - police or whoever is responsable need to allow the following things in South Stand
One or two drums and one megaphone to get people start to sing (I am not sure if this stuff is allowed)

Regular meetings (every week) for Blue Alliance members or people that wants to get involved with them
Meetings are done to organize particular choreographies for each match (doesn't need to be anything huge to start, no huge banners or anything)

Often in Italy, to make things easier, supporters clubs or ultras group prints some flyers explaining to people in a certain block or sector what to do
As I said doesn't need to anything HUGE or particular difficult to organize... we can start with SIMPLE THINGS ...

EXAMPLES, when the team gets on the pitch we decide a certain song to sing, print flyers if we are not sure all the people in the sector knows the song (or anyway it is a way to advise all the people in the blocks about the song to sing). These flyers get placed before the match on each seat of the sector/block. Another example, when team gets on pitch South Stand start singing that certain song and everybody with the scarf out, it is easy and simple everybody has bloody scarf. This simple thing, alone and at the start of match, would improve the atmosphere of the stadium... Same thing to be done at the start of the second half ...

Then we choose a second song, and on that songs scarfs out again but this time rolling or moving in circular way (sorry, dont know how to say it)

And this is just an example of how to start things.... then we can get more and more organized, do some small coreographies with flags (need to be allowed in n that certain block) etc etc

This is the best answer I have ever seen...

What happened to all those flags we saw at the Watford game?. I thought they looked terrific and should be at ALL games and the more the merrier, banners and flags add a lot to the atmosphere and it would be great if we could try and emulate the Curva's at Serie A stadiums.

here's an idea, why not just try singing.

every week i read about how an action group is planning to improve the atmosphere, and then when you turn up, everyone stands there with there arms folded.

away from home we are excellent, at home, simply atrocious, like many clubs.

i wish we could transport the old kippax to the new stadium and get a few of the old "come on city" chants going.

michaeltex3 said:
alberto0292 said:
here some ideas from an Italian and true Blue fan

1. good relationship and communication with the club
2. the club needs to understand the importance of an organized group of supporters, it might sound stupid but fans can be the 12th man very often
3. the club needs to understand that is also about £££ money, a group of fans like Blue Alliance can generate money (merchandise, scarfs, hats, flags, tickets, etc. etc.) and that is something that you guys might need to understand as well

Said that, the club - stadium - police or whoever is responsable need to allow the following things in South Stand
One or two drums and one megaphone to get people start to sing (I am not sure if this stuff is allowed)

Regular meetings (every week) for Blue Alliance members or people that wants to get involved with them
Meetings are done to organize particular choreographies for each match (doesn't need to be anything huge to start, no huge banners or anything)

Often in Italy, to make things easier, supporters clubs or ultras group prints some flyers explaining to people in a certain block or sector what to do
As I said doesn't need to anything HUGE or particular difficult to organize... we can start with SIMPLE THINGS ...

EXAMPLES, when the team gets on the pitch we decide a certain song to sing, print flyers if we are not sure all the people in the sector knows the song (or anyway it is a way to advise all the people in the blocks about the song to sing). These flyers get placed before the match on each seat of the sector/block. Another example, when team gets on pitch South Stand start singing that certain song and everybody with the scarf out, it is easy and simple everybody has bloody scarf. This simple thing, alone and at the start of match, would improve the atmosphere of the stadium... Same thing to be done at the start of the second half ...

Then we choose a second song, and on that songs scarfs out again but this time rolling or moving in circular way (sorry, dont know how to say it)

And this is just an example of how to start things.... then we can get more and more organized, do some small coreographies with flags (need to be allowed in n that certain block) etc etc

This is the best answer I have ever seen...

As much as I go along with most of the stuff this Italian lad posted, bringing this here just does not work at present with English culture.

When we tried a Capo type thing we where mocked by certain members of TBA, one of which is/was one of the main organisers of TBA.

Many foreign clubs fans who join Ultras groups want to be organised and politicised.
Many of TBA lads I've met just want to have a piss up, a few lines, and a sing song....
Nothing wrong with this,but this culture has no sign of changing thus I can't see Megaphones/Drums and Political movements happening as said:

Lads who join many foreign clubs Ultra groups do so as a political statement/sign of unity which empowers them against the establishments.

We join our clubs as we like a good piss up, sing song, and watch the footy wahey!!

fathellensbellend said:
here's an idea, why not just try singing.

every week i read about how an action group is planning to improve the atmosphere, and then when you turn up, everyone stands there with there arms folded.

away from home we are excellent, at home, simply atrocious, like many clubs.

i wish we could transport the old kippax to the new stadium and get a few of the old "come on city" chants going.
We are not excellent away from home apart from the odd game when everyone is pissed up usually. Maybe City could provide free alcohol that'll boost the atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.