Blue Alliance Fans Survey - Improving The Atmosphere

Sam. said:
LoveCity said:
Sam. said:
110-111 and 116-118 stand all game without any major problems as it is.

If ShowSec succeed in getting 109 to sit down (they seem to be trying quite aggressively and a lot of the far side (next to 107) seem to be sitting now, then they could move on to 110. Whenever questioned about it they say "Doing my job", Peter Fletcher is probably the true source of all the harassment.

What they're worried about is it spreading further down into 108/107. Showsec had a period last season where they were dead set on eliminating standing in 109 and failed. 109 need to keep standing their ground because as you said, Showsec will just move onto 110.

Indeed 109 must stand its ground otherwise we are fucked.

after going to both the sunderland game (huge improvement in the side) and the grand final last saturday, two things made a massive difference to the atmospheres at each ground:

1) booze, thousands of people all revved up and ready to support their team, obviously a later kick off helps the mood (league fans can take their drink and behave themselves)

2) singing sections must be together and not split by away fans

other than that, it's up to all of us to join in and not feel repressed for belting out a nursery song with the words changed. it's an amazing feeling when you start a song and hundreds of others join in with you. scarves, flags, banners - it all helps.

not sure I've helped much, but opinions matter

just whilst people are talking about the atmosphere from twitter:

‏@citycentreblues (the blue alliance)

next meeting 2pm on sat 27th before swansea. please be prompt. change of format at meetings. be ready to be active & to go to MCFC en masse!

waldorf pub 2pm

Quick question. Instead of the new Citizens group starting, why aren't all the fans that want to improve the atmosphere together as one? Surely it would be beneficial for TBA and The Citizens, rather than having two seperate groups with the same intention. It will just replicate the problem we have already with the singing section and South Stand.

Fans have mentioned Dortmund, i can't remember two different sets of fans in the away end.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2012/oct/10/football-fans-tifos-pictures-gallery?fb=native&CMP=FBCNETTXT9038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gall ... NETTXT9038</a>

NO Drums please but something like the above would be sensational, anything to make the match day experience in the most sterile stadiums in Europe interesting.

ManCitizens. said:
Quick question. Instead of the new Citizens group starting, why aren't all the fans that want to improve the atmosphere together as one? Surely it would be beneficial for TBA and The Citizens, rather than having two seperate groups with the same intention. It will just replicate the problem we have already with the singing section and South Stand.

Fans have mentioned Dortmund, i can't remember two different sets of fans in the away end.

because there aren't two groups ... yet. one is established and one is proposed. one has experience and infrastructure funding and a large membership and one may get there in a few months / couple of years.

we are happy there are more people out there with ideas to improve the atmosphere but they are thinking of starting a group without having ever been to see what the established group are doing.

one or two of them may pop along to our next meeting on the 27th and as we have said, they are welcome. as we have paid up members, we would expect new people to either commit to us by their 2nd visit or not come back

the other group have said , we're having a drum, yes we are , no we're not, maybe, maybe not. we've said see how we do it, then go away and sort out your own group if you still want to do that. it may be 4/5 years before the ground gets expanded capacity wise so what they're talking about , with a capo and all that, that may be relevant at that time because there'd be space for people to move into ... but not at the moment as the ground is full - the other group are saying , we need to make friends with the ba as they know the club, but 1) they have to work out what they want and then take people with them rather than dictate to everyone what they want to do and 2) they haven't been along to see if we could have been that answer they were looking for anyway

Good luck to all involved at the head of this project.I'm a s/c holder in s/s living in aberdeen.I'd move my seat in a breath to bring back that buzz to city matches.

Historically, singing fans have always grouped together, I stood on the Kippax for 20 odd years, then sat in the Kippax until we moved to our current ground.
Maine Road had a great atmosphere, even when all seater.
It starts with those around you, do you see the same staff in the bars and food outlets, is there a connection?
At Maine Road when it was all seater, 3 or 4 girls served in the same bar every match, they knew you, knew your order, made you feel part of the club.
Then you sat in your seat with the sam people around you.
For some reason the chanting started in the North Stand, those in the Kippax joined in because we are the Kippax...!!!
Where is the Kippax now? we need that back, where are those fans that created that fabulous wall of noise at Maine Road, it used to poor down the stands onto the pitch?
I'm not so sure all seaters are to blame, granted the red tape (Council, Police and security issues) don't help, but surely they can change if the right people do and say the right things.
I suspect the only way of getting this off the ground is to create a cop type stand if and when stadium capacity is increased.
Moving the away fans up into the gods won't help as they add to the atmosphere, in fact more often than not, they are the atmosphere.!!
But why? I watch our late arrivals every week taking their seats in the singing sections and then we hear nowt from them. The South Stand has basically lost it's voice it seems, so we are left with the conrner singing section which struggles for some reason.
I'm not so sure if Peter Fletcher and his teams prey on fans minds so much that they are scared of stepping out of line and making a noise.
He's going to have a dicky fit sat up there in his box if we fill the place with passionate fans waving flags, scarves and their fists around whilst jumping and shouting for their team until they are horse.
But that's what we want, it's what we need and it's what should be happening.
We go to the match to be entertained, you can't say we don't get entertained presently so that can't be the reason for the shite atmosphere.
It's not all the new fans because the older and more regular fans have had 9 plus years to get into the seats they want, to be in amongst the singers. moaners or whatever, and they new fans only have a couple of thousand tickets to buy at their disposal.
So, why the shit atmosphere and what can we do about it.
To be honest, until there is scope to relocate those now pushing for an improvement, so that they are all together, I think we are a long way from achieving our goal.
The club must help here, Danny Wilson is a great bloke but we need meeting with afew knowledgable fans.
I have worked at over 600 football matches and other events involving fans, I have watched City at around 1400 games and have witnessed great and poor atmospheres.
What creates one is difficult to say, but simply put, I think the occasion has got to get to people, it must build up throughout the week and the day of the game.
Now the club try to create that with information on the website and in City Square, are we playing our part.
I think it's us, quite simply, we've lost our voice and we need it back.
I am willing to meet with the club if it help the cause, I woud like to see first hand what the club is doing to help,where is it not helping? I know Peter Fletcher, I've met Danny Wilson and spoke at length one or twice on other issues, what is it that kills the atmosphere?
Sort a meeting out, I know it's been tried before but there seems to be a bit of momentum here recently, it wants a fist making of this, we need to know what it is possible to do withing the stadium, ie how many would be affected with moves to relocate and create something, is part of the Family Stand an option for a thousand or so fans (friendly sober sorts who want to create an atmosphere)?
There are a multitude of option if we thrash it out, but it needs a concerted effort from all sides to make it work and deal with the red tape.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.