Blue Alliance Fans Survey - Improving The Atmosphere

slat26 said:
Few years ago Leeds would sing " champions of England, we are the champions" it was really good and loud. Maybe the south stand shouts the first bit and east stand lower shouts the second bit. Worth a try.

Many years ago!

I'd fully support the concept of singing areas and ways to get some atmosphere going despite not wanting to participate myself. It's a pleasure to hear the City stadium noisy and matches against Hamburg or the QPR win live long in the memory.

Maybe all these different groups starting up should ask the club if they could be assigned different parts of the ground. Then a bit of competition between the groups trying to out do each other could help. Suppose each group could raise money either by membership or if the club will allow bucket collections or merchandising associated to that group inside the ground.

Cant remember the team but I was in Holland once and The Ultras (for want of a better word) were all wearing captains arm bands on coats with the logo on. Simple way of making a bit of cash and knowing who was who etc.

another Idea that funds could be raised which again would need the help of the club is open a marquee selling beer which you are charged a £1 to get in that goes to the fans groups and all beer profits going to the club. Thus allowing the group to meet under one roof near the ground.

Not sure about all of this, but...
If you lot do get support from the club for a move think about location. I've read a couple of posters say the South Stand. The angle of TV cameras mean any flags etc will not be seen. All along 'the Kippax' would be ideal, making great TV for all the folk who like this kind of thing.
Good luck, atmosphere does add to the occasion - I know my 15 year old son will be well up for your ideas.

here's a better version of the blue alliance interview at City Square before Dortmund <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoT1CZN5e5o&sns=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoT1CZN5e5o&sns=tw</a> [youtube][/youtube]

jrb said:
Let me throw this at you all. Don't bite my head off. ;-)

What if a block(let's go for 116) was turned into a 'dedicated singing block'.(for want of a better title) What would your thoughts be?

A block holding 500(not sure of the block capacity) 'dedicated singers'.(Poznan, Aris, Dortmund style)

A block open to season ticket holders only, so the same people stand next to each other match after match. (in essence a members block)

A block with it's own identity. Banners and flags above the block and along the bottom wall, etc.

A season ticket specific in design for the members of that block.

A voluntary code of conduct agreed with the club.(no flares, smoke bombs, etc)

An additional charge of £10 on each season ticket, matched by the club, so £10,000 would raised per season and used for Banners, flags, ticker tape, etc.

A dedicated part or full time member of staff to liaise with the fans in that block.

Elected representatives to meet with club officials.

Monthly or 3 Monthly meetings with club officials, Showsec, etc to discuss issues and/or concerns.

A dedicated page on the Official website.

A block where a Capo, drums, or other ideas could be trialed.

Etc.

But what about the season ticket holders already in that block jrb.

Unlike the North Stand relocation wouldn't be forced on existing season ticket holders in that block. However, the club would make it clear to them that their block will become a dedicated singers block in the future. If they wished to relocate seats would be offered to them that have become vacant via fans relocating to the dedicated singing block. If they wish to stay put, then fair enough.

Tin hat. :-)

Great ideas jrb but as you suggest, in order for this to work people have to be able to relocate. Almost all solutions so far include an area designated for singing. You may as well designate the family stand for what it's worth, unless you can get those willing to sing into the area then it will remain just another area with some people who sing and many who don't.

City need to make it easier for us all to relocate. Maybe a web sight where we can flag our seats as potential swaps with ability to trial swap with others for individual games. If both parties like the swap then it becomes permanent at start of new season. I bet there are as many people want to move away from noisy areas as there are those who are desperate to get in them.

The singinging area will need replenishing with new young enthusiastic noisy fans every generation. A facility to allow for movement around the stadium to suit our changing circumstances is to only way to retain an ultra style singing area.

Seats for life = poor atmosphere.

I been thinking about this for a while,and can only see impossible hurdles that need to be gotten' over,before any sort of an improvement on atmosphere can be gained!!!
Sorry if it seems negative,but,one of the major things that needs to addressed first is standing/safe standing etc.
The foreign fans that have created an atmosphere have basically stood all game. The bouncing of the poznan and Dortmund bouncing in unison on wed was awesome - This is impossible for us to do,due to clubs blaming councils,for this ridiculous safety law that was brought in (or was it????) regarding persistant standing and possible ground closures. Is this an actual law or is it made up,because people persistantly stand at various different times (half time,at end of games,during parades of trophies etc.) and that doesnt seem to matter.

goatastuta said:
I been thinking about this for a while,and can only see impossible hurdles that need to be gotten' over,before any sort of an improvement on atmosphere can be gained!!!
Sorry if it seems negative,but,one of the major things that needs to addressed first is standing/safe standing etc.
The foreign fans that have created an atmosphere have basically stood all game. The bouncing of the poznan and Dortmund bouncing in unison on wed was awesome - This is impossible for us to do,due to clubs blaming councils,for this ridiculous safety law that was brought in (or was it????) regarding persistant standing and possible ground closures. Is this an actual law or is it made up,because people persistantly stand at various different times (half time,at end of games,during parades of trophies etc.) and that doesnt seem to matter.

110-111 and 116-118 stand all game without any major problems as it is.

Sam. said:
goatastuta said:

If ShowSec succeed in getting 109 to sit down (they seem to be trying quite aggressively and a lot of the far side (next to 107) seem to be sitting now, then they could move on to 110. Whenever questioned about it they say "Doing my job", Peter Fletcher is probably the true source of all the harassment.

LoveCity said:
Sam. said:
goatastuta said:

If ShowSec succeed in getting 109 to sit down (they seem to be trying quite aggressively and a lot of the far side (next to 107) seem to be sitting now, then they could move on to 110. Whenever questioned about it they say "Doing my job", Peter Fletcher is probably the true source of all the harassment.

What they're worried about is it spreading further down into 108/107. Showsec had a period last season where they were dead set on eliminating standing in 109 and failed. 109 need to keep standing their ground because as you said, Showsec will just move onto 110.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.