Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 19 - Dynamic Duos - Coatigan (pg 368)

Are you trying to make "Effing Friends Music For The Effing Friends Generation" an actual (anti) genre ?

Yes I fucking am. I hate it, twee rock plodding along with no disconcerting reasons to jump up and say...wow!

I also hate Friends as well so that might have something to do with it.,,oh look, one of us is kooky, one of us is neurotic, oh no...one of them smoked...it was twee and full of morals with some of the shittest acting you'll ever see. Go on fat New Yorker, move your face a bit for laughs.

Sorry.

I've calmed down now.

Yes I fucking am. I hate it, twee rock plodding along with no disconcerting reasons to jump up and say...wow!

I also hate Friends as well so that might have something to do with it.,,oh look, one of us is kooky, one of us is neurotic, oh no...one of them smoked...it was twee and full of morals with some of the shittest acting you'll ever see. Go on fat New Yorker, move your face a bit for laughs.

Sorry.

I've calmed down now.
Yeah, but Jennifer was fit.

@Coatigan I assume you are saving the list and adding to it, or do you required me to keep it up to date?

Edit: I’ve updated the list with Depeche Mode and The Black Keys.

I’ve also gone totally against my original instincts and added

Tears for Fears - Listen.

Songs from the Big Chair is a fabulous album with a load of recognisable classics on it, but I would have liked to have gone for Broken, Head Over Heals/Broken, as they run into each other and then reprise on Broken.
However I felt that would be cheating.
I ve gone with the exit song from the album.

Last edited:
Origami Angels. Very, very pop/ rock light!

You ARE right, tbf. I expected you to say that, and no issue with it. Thought I'd put something less heavy, even if it is a bit more 'shallow'. Taking the poppy noddy sound of it, it is impressive watching two dudes create that much sound. The drummer carries it. And if you give it time, some of the harmonics on it are quite interesting.

Last edited:
@Coatigan I assume you are saving the list and adding to it, or do you required me to keep it up to date?

Edit: I’ve updated the list with Depeche Mode and The Black Keys.

I’ve also gone totally against my original instincts and added

Tears for Fears - Listen.

Songs from the Big Chair is a fabulous album with a load of recognisable classics on it, but I would have liked to have gone for Broken, Head Over Heals/Broken, as they run into each other and then reprise on Broken.
However I felt that would be cheating.
I ve gone with the exit song from the album.

Thanks, yeah I can list them out on here every morning to make it easier to add from whatever was the last one. Appreciated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.