Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 23 - Black&White&BlueMoon Town - Tailgating Music (pg 404)

The riptide movement - All works Out.
And that makes it 3 for 3, thanks for that shout out to that Irish band I had not heard. Now I want to hear more of them too. ;-)

I guess I'm the anti-threespires because I've liked most if not all of the tunes suggested. I wasn't sure where this would go, but again, my City mates across the pond have come through.

And speaking on the theme of "It all works out" as the lyrics go, by not making the long road trip to Nashville where my team will be playing Saturday afternoon and forgoing that tailgate to instead watch City in the AM at home, I'll also be in town to see Crowded House in concert for the first time ever. And that is something I'm very much looking forward too. I'm hoping they play "Fingers of Love" that @RobMCFC nominated recently from our live music playlist, but I'll know after their first show tonight. Either way, "it all works out". ;-)

And that makes it 3 for 3, thanks for that shout out to that Irish band I had not heard. Now I want to hear more of them too. ;-)

I guess I'm the anti-threespires because I've liked most if not all of the tunes suggested. I wasn't sure where this would go, but again, my City mates across the pond have come through.

And speaking on the theme of "It all works out" as the lyrics go, by not making the long road trip to Nashville where my team will be playing Saturday afternoon and forgoing that tailgate to instead watch City in the AM at home, I'll also be in town to see Crowded House in concert for the first time ever. And that is something I'm very much looking forward too. I'm hoping they play "Fingers of Love" that @RobMCFC nominated recently from our live music playlist, but I'll know after their first show tonight. Either way, "it all works out". ;-)
Enjoy the show. I've seen them four times, including once in their original incarnation with the classic line-up of Finn-Hester-Seymour.

I've not really enjoyed their last two albums that much but I'm sure that they will still put on a great show.

'll again reiterate I'm not an NFL fan, only attend the college (university) version of the game, and even that has been changed in recent years due to factors I won't even attempt to get into on this thread. Suffice to say that's what makes the tailgate and seeing friends and family the best part of the day.
This used to be a tradition at Murrayfield before Scotland Rugby internationals. You parked on the back pitches with all the other Ya's and had a slap up feed washed down with bubbles.Getting out afterwards was far worse than the Blue car park experience.

The SRU have since built on the old back pitches so I don't know if this happens anymore.

we usually play Talk Sport on our way away from the Etihad until we get too annoyed. Then a song from our playlists.
Saturday was REM so;

Texarkana by REM.

This used to be a tradition at Murrayfield before Scotland Rugby internationals. You parked on the back pitches with all the other Ya's and had a slap up feed washed down with bubbles.Getting out afterwards was far worse than the Blue car park experience.
That in a nutshell is the US tailgating experience. Long lines for the exit is still the case, which is why the camper experience and not having anywhere to go while taking the long walk back between stopped cars on the road trying to leave is always the scenery there. Food and more beverages are what awaits!
we usually play Talk Sport on our way away from the Etihad until we get too annoyed. Then a song from our playlists.
Saturday was REM so;

Texarkana by REM.
Both Mike Mills and I are smiling with this selection. That's because younger brother always queues up that band, that song, and lots from that album too at the tailgates. I like to remind him who introduced him to that band, and he knowingly nods as we toast with our plastic cups. Well done!

That in a nutshell is the US tailgating experience. Long lines for the exit is still the case, which is why the camper experience and not having anywhere to go while taking the long walk back between stopped cars on the road trying to leave is always the scenery there. Food and more beverages are what awaits!

Both Mike Mills and I are smiling with this selection. That's because younger brother always queues up that band, that song, and lots from that album too at the tailgates. I like to remind him who introduced him to that band, and he knowingly nods as we toast with our plastic cups. Well done!
I’m getting the idea now.
The first inkling I had of what you’re really talking about was when someone put up Dearg Doom.
I immediately was brought back to Italia ‘90 and ‘ Put ‘em under pressure’, which was an amalgamation of Dearg Doom mixed with various artist, crowd chants, and of course Saint Jack and the team.
I suppose I could nominate this although Horslips on their own is fine.
This really is cheesy but it got the crowd going which was its intention.

Going to collect my young fella’ from work.
This is going on in the car today.
He wasn’t too fond of yesterday’s choice.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.