Blue Moon Playlist Review Club - Season 2 - Episode 24 - RobMCFC – Primary and Secondary Colours (pg 412)

I see what you mean.
I don’t really get that stuff at all.
Even the rock elements of bands like this always seem contrived and over complicated to me.

The rest of the playlist is a pleasant surprise however.

I was saving this one till tomorrow but you boys have me intrigued now.

Just looked Opeth up on Wikipedia, says they've had multiple personnel changes and no originals left. So basically I'm looking at the metal equivalent of the Sugababes am I?

Buckethead I'm familiar with and the FF music, the rest will be a voyage of discovery.

I’ve edited my original take on it. @Coatigan

I see, yeah fair enough.

I am really (I like to think) not precious about preconceptions on things like that, i.e shouting, style, the pluck of a guitar, 'grit', hooks or any such notions. Some of course draw me in more than others, some can be a distraction, but ultinately it either works or doesn't for me. Mood however, is big for me. Anyway not even started on this one, just a general point.

Last edited:
Just looked Opeth up on Wikipedia, says they've had multiple personnel changes and no originals left. So basically I'm looking at the metal equivalent of the Sugababes am I?

Buckethead I'm familiar with and the FF music, the rest will be a voyage of discovery.
The Buckethead track was the pick of the bunch on first listen.

First listen not for me.Not my scene.
Instrumentals not my thing and I just do not get that Opeth brand of rock at all.
Again though an interesting playlist.

Talk about really playing with the 5 songs up to 40 minutes recommendation.

the autoplays generated from listening to them are throwing up loads of good and interesting stuff.

Fun fact. Spotify autoplays based on playlists are tailored to the individual. When it plays 'similar artists' based on a playlist, they will be different to the 'similar artists' that the same playlist will generate for me, or someone else. I have tested this extensively with a group of friends.
i.e you and I will both think the playlist autoplay is throwing up some good stuff. But it won't be the same stuff for you and me.

Last edited:
Here is mine.

I don't want to try to provide a breakdown of the songs individually as I don't think I'd be able to given the theme, which is 'Songs That Take Me Away.'

You know how sometimes you listen to a song, or piece of music, or even short passage in a song, and it just washes over you and completely takes you away from it all? You sway, and are completely absorbed in the music, and you've no idea why? It just captures you completely. These are some that do it for me. Certainly not all of every song (one is 20 minutes so that would be a tough ask), but enough to make me come back to these over and over again.

See what you think - there's some variety genre-wise - and it would be interesting to know which parts you think I mean (I can post the specific period later if anyone is interested.

i’m pleased to say not heard of any of these artists or tracks, so very much in the spirit I envisaged for the thread.Looking forward to listening to it.

Here is mine.

I don't want to try to provide a breakdown of the songs individually as I don't think I'd be able to given the theme, which is 'Songs That Take Me Away.'

You know how sometimes you listen to a song, or piece of music, or even short passage in a song, and it just washes over you and completely takes you away from it all? You sway, and are completely absorbed in the music, and you've no idea why? It just captures you completely. These are some that do it for me. Certainly not all of every song (one is 20 minutes so that would be a tough ask), but enough to make me come back to these over and over again.

See what you think - there's some variety genre-wise - and it would be interesting to know which parts you think I mean (I can post the specific period later if anyone is interested.

Nobuo Uematsu also performed more rock oriented versions of his FF music with a band he formed for this purpose called The Black Mages. I have posted a couple of their videos on the Music Association thread in the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.