Blue Moon Top 100 Bands Artists - Full List of Artists (pg 287)

Maybe narrow it down to favourite songs / tracks where the lead is sung by a woman?
can include female solo artists, as well as those in a band context.

Deborah Harry, Blondie. Annie Lennox, Eurythmics. Chrissie Hynde, Pretenders. Patti Smith. Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac. Joni Mitchell. Delores O'Riordan, Cranberries. Annie Clark, St Vincent. Natalie Merchant (self and 10,000 Maniacs)

I am open to ideas for the format for Top Female Artist.
Is Top 15 a bit much ?
Do we do a similar score system to the bands ?
1st - 5 points
2nd -4pts
3rd -3pts
4-6th -2pts
7-10th -1pt
Or 10 pts first down to one for 10th.
Anyway I think Top Ten is sufficient unless you are @OB1

I'd go with a top 10 for female singers (if it was guitarists, I'd say 20...)

I'd keep points simple, so if you ask for a top 10 to be submitted, 10 pts for 1st place, 1 point for 10th.

I would go with another favourites poll. Personally prefer to vote for what I like e.g. I have nothing by Aretha or Janis in my collection so wouldn't want to vote for them or think about whether to include them.

Last edited:
I'd go with a top 10 for female singers (if it was guitarists, I'd say 20...)

I'd keep points simple, so if you ask for a top 10 to be submitted, 10 pts for 1st place, 1 point for 10th.

I would be for the opposite, and if it's just a ten probably wouldn't bother.

As for guitarist is it Rytham, Lead, Classical, Acoustic split into thier own poll as all are very different at any time.

Do we then do Bass players? The most important guitar player any band?

The more I think about this, the more I think that it will be a very interesting exercise.

Form a personal point of view, there were only two female artists I considered for my top 15 and only one got in. So my list will be a strange assortment of two I really love; two I saw live early in their careers; a few more I've listened to a few times over the years; a few who I have one superb album by and a few who I only discovered recently.

If this kind of approach is played out across most voters, we could get an exciting top 20 countdown where, a few artists aside, it will be very difficult for anybody to predict where it's going to end up.

Of course, you might end up with 27 artists tied for first place!
I would struggle massively to name a top 15 best female vocalist tbh. I don’t think I own an album by a female solo act and I don’t have many by blokes either. Always been mainly a guitar band fan.

I did put one male and female in my list but I’m not sure I should have done,it was more a case of a bit of variety.

I remember Stannage playing nothing but the Beatles for three hours on Piccadilly around Christmas 1990 really brought it home to me the depth of their talent and the range of musical styles.

I would struggle massively to name a top 15 best female vocalist tbh. I don’t think I own an album by a female solo act and I don’t have many by blokes either. Always been mainly a guitar band fan.

I did put one male and female in my list but I’m not sure I should have done,it was more a case of a bit of variety.

I think that’s what some people forget when they request certain polls - it has to appeal to the vast majority to make it worthwhile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.