Blue Tuesday: Ask the Goat and he may answer...

nashark said:
I would like to say that Sir The Goat is my favourite City player ever. I grew up when you were banging in the goals and I would like to remind you that even though we can spend £200m pound on a team full of stars and, will no doubt enjoy impending success, I will never forget what you did for OUR team.
For three successive seasons, I had your name and number on the back of my shirt and still to this day I wear the latest one. I even have an inflatable goat which regularly attends F.A cup games: usually only up to Round 5 though!
So Shaun, I would like to ask you the following questions:
Why do you think that the fans found you so idolatrous?
Which did you prefer; Gillingham or the last derby at Maine Road?
Do you own a goat?
Would you consider getting a seasoncard in block 120?

great post mate, im 21 so i grew up with the goat.

I along with 400 city fans travelled down to southend for the goats last professional game against bristol city ....ask the goat what remembers about it

on second thoughts, i would ask this: has he had any contact with kevin keegan since he left City? what was said if he did?

Whats Bermuda got that Manchester hasn't. Bet there's no decent chippies there.Bet there's no big sign's welcoming people to Bermuda like we have in Manchester. Bet you would swop Bermuda for Manchester any day.
So ,just cause I like you, I will do you a favour and swop with you for ,Oh,say 30 years.
Seriously...... Thanks for everything you did for us.

As implied earlier, Keegan never rated Shan it was obvious to us fans , did it manifest itself in training and on matchdays to Shaun?

Was it easy to forge a partnership with Anelke seeing as he was at his sulkiest.

I loved Shaun , his first goal epitomised him , his debut and the ball came off the keeper and rebounded onto shauns huge shin and into the net

Id love to ask the Goat if he remembers when the tide turned for him with his relationship with the City fans. When he first arrived from bristol, it would be fair to say he received mixed receptions on match day. I think we played Stoke at home, the Goat played a blinder and he never looked back from then on.
Does he remember that game, and what are the Goats thoughts about how he turned things around.

I've got loads of questions for him.

What are his plans for the future as far as footy is concerned?
Will we see him as a pundit somewhere, or is he still coaching in Bermuda?
Does he have a hookup with City about youth players from his region?

Could we get him back over for a game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.