Blue Tuesday: Lakey's Question: If u could bring in one rule

Hi Lakey,

Just in case you missed it, I noticed this from the photos with the FA Watch gang:

lakey.jpg

That they have to play until one team WINS even if it takes three hours!!!!! No more draws please, please, please!! And no they can't decide it on a penalty shoot out they have to WIN whilst playing! It might make our defence start to DEFEND, especially in the last ten minutes of a match, after all that is what they are paid for and paid very highly I might add.

the rule i would bring in is that if a rule has to applied then it should be for both teams instead of one?

I know you asked for one suggestion Lakey, But here's a few:

If the ball is going in the net and an outfield player stops it with his hand, just award it as a goal and leave the player on the pitch.

Stop players running the ball into corners of the pitch to waste time at the end of games, By awarding obstruction for the other team.

Allow linesmen to enter the field of play when the ref is out of position to get better view.

Yesterday whenever Hull got a free lick the referee would blow and the taker would pick up the ball and place it back down before kicking it. Surely this is a handball as the ball is technically back in play one the ref blows for it to be taken?

Back on topic - I would eliminate points for wins and run the leagues on goal difference alone. And video evidence is a must.

This is radical but hear me out: Extend the 18 yard line across the field. When the attacking team is in possesion within the 18 yard line, no offsides. It would incrase goals, goals opportunities and make a more exciting match. It would also reward a more attack minded side and make a lead tougher to defend-not that its easy for the likes of our City.

Also, if you take a throw in from the wrong place i.e you aer cheating by taking it higher up the field-its a foul throw.

That referee's be picked from a random pot from all four divisions rather than having the same bunch of 10/12 that we have week in week out, I feel the current system leaves itself open to corruption.

Re: Blue Tuesday: Lakey's Question: If you could change one rule

bizzbo said:
I'd book anyone who 'accidentally' prevented a free kick being taken by running in front of the kicker.

it's in the bloody rules anyway. in fact, none of the rules need changing, they just need to be applied ruthlessly, and the game would be almost. pulling shirts at corners, dissent, swearing at the ref, dangerous tackles and cynical play should always be punished heavily. we'd have two months of chaos with 5 red cards a game, but the players would learn quickly enough.

I always have a go at the refs on match day and I have often written to the FA complaining about the incompetence of that happy bunch, but the one thing I think stands out and needs addressing pretty soon, and that is the support the refs get from the FA, and the bunch that employs them, whatever they are called. When the ref makes a correct call according to the laws of the game, books or sends off someone, they don't always get the full and proper support to which they are entitled.

There are plenty of areas where the current laws are insufficiently implemented. I think we get about 60-65 minutes play in each match instead of something approaching the full 90. Teams wasting time, why do refs wait until the 85th minute before telling some useless GK that he has already wasted 15 minutes of playing time moving the ball to the other side of the goal, walking at a snail's pace, teams not retiring immediately the full ten yards, and if refs booked these culprits, the FA would throw them to the wolves the minute a MANUre, Arse or Chelsea player picked up enough cautions for a suspension.

But the laws I would change are the one where a fouled player leaves the pitch and can't come back until the ref says so, and the player committing the foul should also go off for the same amount of time, and a player rolling around with a 'fractured leg', who, within seconds of the free kick is running around like a greyhound should be cautioned for simulating.

Orange Card 10mins in the sin bin

Not for us obviously coz we don't get them, but when you are awarded a pen you can take it whenever you are ready - stop all the irritating shenannigans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.