Blue Tuesday: Lakey's Question: If u could bring in one rule

kiam06 said:
That referee's be picked from a random pot from all four divisions rather than having the same bunch of 10/12 that we have week in week out, I feel the current system leaves itself open to corruption.

This is quite good. My old idea would be that the 4 officials would meet the captains prior to the game and draw lots for ref, AR and 4th official. They are all referees and this would stop making celebrities out of people like Poll. Also stop anyone getting to them.

that every game be a win for either side..no draws. it would work the same as in boxing,if the scores are level then a judge(s) decide the winner based on attacking play,shots etc etc. imagine how open the games would be.

Sorry for being greedy but here are three for the things that really wind me up....

1. Whoever picks up the ball for a throw-in, has to take it.
2. If a goalkeeper is sent off, you can not replace him with the sub keeper.
3. Revert back to taking goalkicks from whatever side they go out.

Stronger Refereeing at Corners.

Some Defenders just do Shirt pulling and pushing now at corners. It is like watching Wrestling. This appears to me to only have come into the Game since Chelsea ( Carvarlio and Terry are the Worlds best ) came to the top of the English Game.

Plenty of penalties given and it would soon stop.

Concerning officials. I Like the idea of an extra official behind each goal. Possibly giving the officials a last chance to prove they can get most calls right. Before the inevitability of VT.

the kippax wall said:
I know you asked for one suggestion Lakey, But here's a few:

If the ball is going in the net and an outfield player stops it with his hand, just award it as a goal and leave the player on the pitch.

Stop players running the ball into corners of the pitch to waste time at the end of games, By awarding obstruction for the other team.

Allow linesmen to enter the field of play when the ref is out of position to get better view.

That lino rule is best so far

My idea is quite simple. When you have a free kick, you can move it to anywhere as long as it's not further forward than it should be.

This might sound crazy, but think about a free kick right on the edge of the penalty area. Not ideal, but if you could move it back to a position you think you can score from, say about 5 yards back so that you can get the ball up and down for a decent effort you'd have a decent chance. Also, if it was on the by line, you could pull it back to make a better position. It would have to be within reason. Say a 10 yard [half] radius or something.

I think this would make cynical fouls decrease as the defender would be scared of conceding a free kick in an area considered not too dangerous, only to be made more dangerous by the moving of the free kick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.